Getting your app featured on the App Store
The Shopify App Store features outstanding apps that are selected for being especially useful for merchants. Getting featured can get more merchants to use your app. There are two places on the App Store home page where apps are featured to merchants:
To be featured on the App Store home page, your app needs to follow our success criteria.
The Hero Carousel is the first place merchants look when visiting the App Store. Apps in this section are featured for one week. To be considered for the Hero Carousel, your app must have been installed at least 100 times, and must have at least 10 reviews of 4 stars or more. After you meet these criteria, you’ll get an email linking you to our success criteria and an application form.
After you submit your application form it is reviewed by the Apps Team. If your app is selected to be featured, you will be notified about the next steps. You'll also need to upload a featured banner to the app listing.
If your app is selected, then your app’s featured banner will be included in the Hero Carousel. The banner should be clear and show what your app can deliver to merchants.
For best results, make sure that your banner follows these guidelines:
- Keep the corners of the image square.
- Avoid using a white background. Use bold colors and patterns that are recognizable.
- Make it simple but make it stand out. Focus on one or two elements. Visual clutter can make a banner less effective. One brand mark, image, and message is normally enough.
- Be consistent. The icon and banners for your app should look like they belong to the same brand and product.
- Make your text readable by making the body short and a different size than your headline. Between 2-10 words are ideal.
- Use up-to-date typography with a bold headline to grab attention, and a simple sans-serif font for your body text.
- Choose images and icons that are related to your app.
- Avoid using branding that might be copyrighted. Instead use it as inspiration to create your own.
To learn more about designing your app's featured banner, see this post on the Shopify Partners Blog.
New and Noteworthy
The New and Noteworthy section on the App Store is a collection of apps that are high-quality and follow our success criteria. Apps in this section are featured for one week.
After your app is published, we'll review it to be included in the New and Noteworthy section. Your app does not require a minimum number of installations to be featured in this section. If your app is selected to be featured, then you'll receive an email about it.