This is the checklist that Shopify will use to review your channel before it is made available for public install by merchants. Make sure you can check off these items before submitting your sales channel for review. If your channel stops meeting these requirements, your sales channel may be removed from Shopify admin until the requirements are met again.
- Installable from the App Store
- Uses the Embedded App SDK
- After install, “[Sample] account” is the only visible section within the sales channel (other sections are visible only after an account has been connected)
- If merchants have to log in or sign up for your service to use your sales channel, this process takes place in a new window outside of the sales channel and return to the channel once completed
- Any fees are made explicit during setup
- If there is an approval process, this is communicated to merchants via a yellow banner
- Approval or rejection is communicated to merchants via a green or red banner respectively
- Page has an “Account” section always visible (labelled with your channel name, i.e. Sample channel)
- “Account” section allows merchants to disconnect their account
- Has a “Publishing” section
- “Publishing” section shows number of current products published, and links to the Shopify bulk editor to view and manage those products
- “Publishing” section shows any products with errors preventing publication
- Has a “Commission” section (where applicable)
- “Commission” section states the commission rate
- “Commission” section states how and when merchants will be charged
- Has a “Terms and conditions” section
- Links within the “Terms and conditions” section open up in new windows
- Has a help footer that links to support on your platform in a new window
- Help footer is visible on every page of the sales channel
- App has a 16x16 SVG navigation icon uploaded through Shopify Partners
- Must be a single color with a transparent background
- Should be a small file size (less than 2KB)
- Can contain only whitelisted tags:
- Can contain only whitelisted attributes:
Channel submission guidelines
Channels should have embedded apps to manage their settings. This allows apps to be loaded directly in the Shopify admin and access its native interface, and improves the workflow for merchants.
A channel app should use the components library to include, at minimum:
Account login / signup — The authentication flow to the channel must start and finish in the embedded app (even if it requires an offsite form).
Account connection status — The channel must show the account's connection status, including any relevant errors or required actions.
Merchant review process — If the channel is not available to all merchants who meet the initial requirements, it must provide messaging, application process, and review status.
Product sync errors — If the channel has limitations on its product types (for example, digital goods or specific variant types), it must provide a list of errors to inform the merchant of these limitations.
Terms and conditions — A channel must provide links to any relevant policies or conditions that apply to its use.
Support and documentation — A channel must provide links to documentation and support contact information.
Responsiveness — A channel must be responsive and usable on mobile devices.