Developer Tools app
Developer Tools is a macOS app that connects to your Shopify stores and lets you make authenticated calls to the Admin API, generate dummy data, and view and customize Polaris components.
To install Developer Tools:
- Download the latest version of
shopify-developer-tools-desktop-X.X.X-mac.zipfrom the app’s Github releases page.
- Unzip and open the app:
AuthenticationConnect your Shopify store to Developer Tools to take advantage of the Admin API playground and data generator. You can login using your development store credentials, or with an access token.
sto make Developer Tools visible (or bring it to focus) above your active workspace. Close the window with the same keys, or by using the standard macOS shortcut (
- When the app is in focus, press
fat any time to focus on the search input.
- Enter resource names or app features to navigate to them:
generatornavigates to the data generator.
get products countuses the Admin API playground to get a count of all products in a store.
Layoutviews the Polaris
profilesmanages the stores that you've connected to Developer Tools.
- Generate and delete dummy data for your store
- Create products using presets or a random data generator
- Jobs run the background so you can continue using the app or close the window
Admin API playground
enterto run a request without having to click on the form button
- Access resources or endpoints directly via search (e.g
- View and customize sample POST and PUT requests
- Copy responses from Shopify as prettified JSON
- View and customize Polaris components
- Use the pop-out builder to save layouts
Feedback and support
E-mail email@example.com if you have any issues using Developer Tools or want to share your ideas for feature requests.