Editing and managing ads
After you create an ad, you can make changes to it from your Partner Dashboard.
You can keep track of your ads on the Ads page in your Partner Dashboard. Each ad has one of the following statuses:
- Running - Your ad is being shown for searches on the Shopify App Store (as long as you’ve entered a winning keyword bid), and you're charged each time a merchant clicks on it.
- Paused - Your ad isn't being shown on the app store and it isn't costing you money.
- Ended - Your ad has exhausted its budget and has been stopped.
- Failed - An error occurred with your ad. You need to fix the error before your ad can be displayed.
- On hold - Your ad has been created but you need to add a payment option before it can be displayed.
- Archived - Your ad was stopped and it was hidden from the Shopify App Store. Archived ads can be unarchived later.
After you create an ad, you can change the keywords that are associated with it.
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps > Ads.
- Select the keywords that you want to modify.
- If you want to pause keywords, then change their status to Off by using the toggles in the Status column. To pause multiple keywords at once, click Actions > Pause keywords.
- If you want to remove keywords, then select them and click Actions > Remove keywords.
It's a good idea to monitor the performance of each keyword to see how much your advertising is costing you to acquire new customers for each keyword.
If the cost per install on a keyword is higher than you want to spend, then you can lower the bid per click or pause the keyword.
If the cost per install on a keyword is low and you want to spend more on it, then you can raise your bid per click. By raising your bid, you can help to increase your ad's position and get more impressions for the related search term.
To learn more about tracking the performance of your ads, refer to Ad reporting for the Shopify App Store.