App privacy policies
In particular, we recommend that you include:
- What information do you collect through Shopify’s APIs?
- What information do you collect directly from the merchant? For example, do you ask them for contact details? Do you generate automated logs relating to their use of your app?
- What information do you collect directly from merchants’ customers? For example, do you drop cookies or use other tracking technologies on their devices? Do you log information relating to how customers visit or navigate particular stores?
- How do you use the information you collect? Do you use this information for any purposes aside from providing your app’s services?
- For how long do you store or retain the data you collect?
- Are you established in Europe? Are you storing or processing information outside of Europe?
- How can merchants contact you if they have additional questions (note that some jurisdictions require that you include a physical address as well)?
If you have any concerns about how best to describe your app’s data practices beyond what’s listed above, then we recommend consulting with a lawyer about your specific needs.