Shopify App Bridge
The library provides a robust API to help you control Shopify UI elements, including:
- the page’s top bar, including page title, breadcrumbs, and buttons
- loading indicator
- resource pickers to select products, variants, and collections
- toast messages
- the cart in the Shopify POS app
By embedding your app in Shopify with Shopify App Bridge, you can create a great user experience that is familiar and easy-to-use for Shopify merchants. Shopify App Bridge also helps you ensure that this experience is consistent no matter where a merchant is using your app, whether it’s on the web or in the Shopify Mobile app for iOS or Android.
Shopify App Bridge not only helps you create a great merchant experience, but it also provides a great developer experience for you.
It helps to reduce your development time by giving you a single way to access these features across multiple platforms including admin, Shopify Mobile, and soon Shopify POS and App Extensions. Shopify App Bridge makes sure that the user experience is consistent wherever merchants are using your App. Shopify App Bridge also provides easy helpers for printing pages from your app or redirecting users to other parts of the Shopify admin.
Shopify App Bridge is also directly integrated with Polaris components, to help you build familiar Shopify experiences even more easily.
- Write once, run anywhere: because you don’t have to worry about writing different app code for each client or extension area, Shopify App Bridge cuts down on your development time
- Type safety: Shopify App Bridge is written in TypeScript (but whether you use it in your app is up to you!)
- Developer tools: Shopify App Bridge uses Redux to manage state and dataflow, and integrates with Redux DevTools to make debugging simple (even if your app isn’t using Redux itself)
- Strict versioning with SemVer