Adding app extensions
When you’re ready to use an app extension, begin by choosing the right extension area. Then you can move on to adding the extension.
Choose the right app extension
App extensions relate to specific merchant use cases, so you should familiarize yourself with the different areas that you can extend your app into. The following areas are available for app extensions:
After you’ve familiarized yourself with the extension areas, you can move on to enabling the extension areas.
To enable an extension area for an app:
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps.
- On the Apps page, click the name of the app that you want to change.
- Click App setup.
- In App information click Edit.
- Place a checkmark next to the areas in Shopify where you want to extend your app.
- After you've enabled these extension areas, you can configure them from the Extensions page:
Depending on the type of app extension that you choose, you'll need to complete extra steps to add the extension. Follow the links above to learn more about each different type.