Enabling app extensions areas
Before you can create an app extension, you need to enable the app extension area in your Partner Dashboard.
Choose the right app extension
App extensions relate to specific merchant use cases, so you should familiarize yourself with the different areas that you can extend your app into. The following areas are available for app extensions:
Enable an extension area for an app
Enable the app extension area in your Partner Dashboard, so that you can extend your app into Shopify.
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps.
- Click the name of the app that you want to change.
- Click Extensions:
- Click Manage extension areas.
- For the extension area that you want to add, click Enable extension area.
- Click Extensions to return to the Extensions page.
- After you've enabled these extension areas, you can configure them from the Extensions page:
- Add links to your app from specific pages in the Shopify admin
- Connect your app using an application proxy
- Embed your app in Shopify POS
- Connect your app to Shopify Flow
- Define conversations that Kit can have with merchants to add value
- Allow merchants to add app functionality to their storefront without editing code using app sections
- Add app functionality to a merchant's theme code using app snippets