Editing your registrar information for your Shopify-managed domain
If you have a Shopify-managed domain, then you can access and edit your registrar information from the Domains page in your Shopify admin. You might need to edit your registrar information for the following reasons:
- to change the email address where you receive notifications about your domain subscription
- to update the phone number, mailing address, or store name that's associated with your domain
- to change your WHOIS privacy settings for your domain
By default, the Shopify store owner's email address and information are used to purchase and renew domains. Make sure that your email address is up to date so that you receive notifications about your domain subscription.
Considerations before you edit your registrar information
Before you edit your registrar information, review the following considerations:
- If you want to transfer a Shopify-managed domain to another domain provider, then you need to wait 60 days after making changes to your registrar information before you can transfer your domain. For more information, refer to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Some top-level domains, such as
.frrequire you to submit a form to confirm any changes to your registrar information. If you need to submit a form after you edit your registrar information, then you might receive an email from Shopify Support or OpenSRS, the service that Shopify uses to resell domains. The email contains further instructions that you need to follow to update your registrar information. There might be a delay before you receive an email, and the process for updating your information can change at any time.
Edit your registrar information
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Domains.
- Click Manage for the domain that you want to configure.
- In the Registrar information section, click Edit.
- Edit the details for your contact information.
- Optional: If your domain offers WHOIS privacy, then select whether you want your registrar information to be private or public.
- Click Confirm.
- Check the email account that's associated with your domain for a confirmation email. The email message varies, but you might need to do one of the following:
- Click a link and follow the instructions provided to accept your changes.
- Fill out a form and submit it to Shopify Support to update your registrar information.
Make sure that you follow any additional instructions in the confirmation email. If you don't confirm your changes or submit a required form, then your request to edit your registrar information might not be processed.