Configuring Oberlo settings
You can configure your Oberlo settings directly in Oberlo.
From your Oberlo dashboard, click Settings to access your store and auto update settings.
- Store name - Set the store name to be used in Oberlo. Customers do not see this store name.
- Set new products as published - Choose if you want products to be automatically visible to your customers when you import them from the import list to your store.
- Set products as taxable - Select if you want to charge tax on your products. For more information about how this applies to you, see Taxes.
- Set unit of measurement for product weight - Set the weight measurement that is used when entering weights for each product or variant in the import list.
- Disable Shopify login (Pro subscription only) - Choose whether to disable the ability to log into Oberlo from the Apps page in the Shopify admin.
- Notify customers about shipped orders - Choose whether to send an email to your customers when their order is fulfilled in Oberlo or if the tracking number is updated. You can also add a custom shipping tracking URL that is added to the fulfillment notification email.
Auto update settings
Set the When product is no longer available option to choose what you want Oberlo to do when a supplier runs out of a product:
- Do Nothing - The product is still available for purchase in your Shopify store.
- Unpublish Product - The product is hidden in your Shopify store. If the product is restocked by the supplier, then Oberlo doesn't republish the product in your store. You need to manually publish the product in your Shopify admin and use the override feature to re-sync the inventory. For more information, see Syncing and overriding products.
- Set Quantity to Zero - The product appears as Out of stock in your Shopify store. If you want Oberlo to automatically update the stock after a product is restocked, then set the When inventory changes to Update Automatically.
Set the When variant is no longer available option to choose what you want Oberlo to do when a supplier runs out of a product variant:
- Do Nothing - The product variant is still available for purchase in your Shopify store.
- Remove Variant - Removes the variant from the product page in your store. It is no longer visible to your customers and they won't be able to order it. If the product variant is restocked by the supplier, then Oberlo doesn't add the variant to your store. If you want to have that variant in your store again, then you have to override the product. For more information, see Syncing and overriding products.
- Set Quantity to Zero - The product variant appears as Out of stock in your Shopify store.
Set the When the cost changes option to choose what you want Oberlo to do when a supplier changes the cost of a product:
Do Nothing - The product
compared at priceremain the same in your Shopify store.
Update Price and Compared At Price - The product
compared at priceupdate according to your Global Pricing Rules settings.
Update Price Only - The product
priceupdates according to your Global Pricing Rules settings, and the
compared at priceremains the same.
Set the When inventory changes option to choose what you want Oberlo to do when the inventory level of a product changes:
- Do Nothing - No inventory changes are made in your Shopify store.
- Update Automatically - The inventory level is automatically updated in your Shopify store.
You can adjust the settings for ordering from both Oberlo Marketplace suppliers and aliexpress.com suppliers.
You can add a payment card to purchase products from Oberlo Marketplace suppliers.
From your Oberlo dashboard, click Settings, and then click Suppliers.
In the Oberlo section, click Add Payment Card.
Enter your payment card information.
Click Add card.
You can change your payment information at any time.
Use these settings only if you order products from aliexpress.com using the Oberlo Chrome extension instead of through the Oberlo Marketplace.
From your Oberlo dashboard, go to Settings, select Suppliers, and then scroll to AliExpress.
- Default shipping method - Choose the shipping method you want to use when ordering products from aliexpress.com. If your chosen shipping method is not available for an order, then the cheapest available shipping method is selected instead.
- Override phone number - Enable this option if you want the Oberlo Chrome extension to fill in your AliExpress checkout with a specific phone number when you place orders on aliexpress.com. If you don't capture customer phone numbers in your Shopify checkout, then enabling this option and adding your number to this field ensures that the shipping carrier can reach you if there are any issues.
Custom note - This field is used to inform your AliExpress suppliers of any extra information they should be aware of. Most businesses use this field to tell suppliers they are dropshipping, and that suppliers should not include any of their own promotional material in the order.
By default, the custom note is:
I'm dropshipping. Please DO NOT put any invoices, QR codes, promotions or your brand name logo in the shipments. Please ship as soon as possible for repeat business. Thank you!.
Affiliate program settings
If you fulfill your orders through AliExpress and have an affiliate account with Admitad, then you can connect your Admitad account with Oberlo.
Admitad is a free service that provides rewards for ordering certain products from specific vendors or platforms. AliExpress is one of the platforms that Admitad provides cash back rewards for. If you have an Admitad account and order products from AliExpress, then Admitad returns a percentage of the cost of the order to you.
By connecting your Oberlo and Admitad accounts, you can receive cash back from Admitad on the Oberlo orders that you place through the AliExpress checkout. Products that are ordered through the Oberlo Marketplace aren't available for affiliate programs.
If you don't have an Admitad account, then you can sign up for one by filling out a publisher registration form. During the sign-up process, select Drop Shipping in the Your ad space type field and Oberlo in the Drop Shipping App field.
An affiliate ID can be connected to only one Shopify store. If you have multiple Shopify accounts, then you need to generate an Admitad affiliate ID for each account.
Not all products from aliexpress.com are available for cash back. For more information, check your Admitad account details.
You can see the cash back amounts that you collect within your Admitad account.
After you have set up your Admitad account, you can add your Admitad affiliate ID to your Oberlo account.
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to Settings and then click Suppliers.
- In Affiliate program, select Admitad.
- Enter your Admitad affiliate ID in the Affiliate ID field, then click Save settings.
Email and password settings
You can change your Oberlo email address and password from the Profile page.
From your Oberlo dashboard, click your name, and then click Profile.
Enter a new name, email address, or a new password in the Profile settings section.
Click Save profile.
Reports provide snapshot of your earnings that are emailed to you regularly.
There are two different ways to build reports:
- You can choose to include all sales metrics in your reports, which includes all sources of revenue (for example, taxes, shipping, and discounts), and revenue from products that are not connected to Oberlo.
- You can choose to receive reports about revenue from products connected to Oberlo only, which doesn't include tax, shipping, and discounts.
You can select to receive email reports daily, weekly, monthly, or any combination of the three.
You can enter the email that you want to use to correspond with your customers in the Reply-to email address section. This email is displayed when you send messages to your customers from the Orders page in the Oberlo dashboard. In the Time zone section, select the time zone that you want to use for data tracking and store information.
You can see your team members and their account privileges on your team settings page. You can also add new members, remove existing members, and edit any member's access privileges on this page.
Add a new team member
From your Oberlo dashboard, click Settings > Team.
Click Invite People.
Enter the new team member's email address.
Select an access privilege.
Click Send Invitation.
Edit your existing team members
From your Oberlo dashboard, click Settings, and then Team.
Click Edit Privileges next to a team member.
Select the type of access you want to grant to the team member, then click Save.