Overriding and deleting Oberlo products
Override a product
You can use the override feature in Oberlo to replace old products with new ones while keeping the same product URL and statistics. During the override, you can update the details, pricing, and images for the product. There are several different reasons why you might need to override a product, such as:
- You want to connect your existing AliExpress products to your Oberlo account.
- You want to re-sync a product in Shopify that has become un-synced with Oberlo.
- You want to change the supplier for the product.
Override a product using Oberlo's suggestions
Sometimes, Oberlo suggests that you override a product. The suggestions appear on your My Products page below any product that meets all the following conditions:
- The product is from an AliExpress vendor directly, not the Oberlo Marketplace.
- The product is sold out or unavailable from the AliExpress vendor.
- The same product or a similar product is available in the Oberlo Marketplace.
The product override suggestion also appears in your Oberlo account's Inbox notifications if an AliExpress product becomes unavailable as long as the other conditions are also met.
Start the product override in one of the following ways:
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to Manage Products > My Products. Then, next to the product you want to override, click Override:
- From your Oberlo dashboard, click Inbox and then Notifications. Then, below the "No longer available" notification for the product you want to override, click Select to override:
If you need to override a product in an unfulfilled order, then select new variants to override the variants of the products in the order.
Optional: After you are redirected to your Import List, edit the details of the product. If you don't edit the details, then they remain the same as the previous product's details.
Click Import And override.
Override a product manually
Find the product and add it to your Import List.
On the sidebar, hover over the price tag icon and click Import List.
Click the More actions > Select Product to Override for the product that you want to update.
Search for the product that you want to override in the Existing product section, then select it.
Check if you want to override the title, description, and images.
Click Import and Override
If you have any open orders that haven't been sent to a supplier, then select the new variant that matches the product.
Your existing product variants are restored to their defaults for each product that you override. If you need to make any changes, then customize your variants in the import list before confirming the override.
If any orders were placed when the product was out of sync, then those orders don't appear in Oberlo. You need to create that order by adding a draft order in Shopify.
Delete a product
You can remove Oberlo products from your store by deleting them from either the Shopify admin or the Oberlo dashboard.
Delete a product in Shopify
Deleting a product within your Shopify admin also deletes it from your Oberlo account. To delete a product from your Shopify admin, see Delete a product.
Delete a product in Oberlo
When you delete a product within Oberlo, you have the option to also remove it from your Shopify admin.
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to My Products.
- Next to the product that you want to delete, click the Actions drop-menu menu and click Delete this Product.
- Optional: If you want to delete the product from your Shopify admin as well, then check Delete this product from my Shopify store too.
- Click Delete product.