Overriding and deleting Oberlo products
Suppliers can change the products that they sell at any time, or run out of inventory for a period of time. When these situations happen, you can override the product to fulfill it through a new supplier, or delete the product from your store. When you override a product, you can change the supplier for your current orders or change the supplier and product details for current and future orders.
Override a product for current orders
You can change the supplier for products on existing orders, while keeping your original supplier for future orders. Only orders that are in the
To order status can be overridden.
For example, suppose a new supplier runs a sale on a product that you usually purchase from a different supplier. You can override your existing orders to use this new supplier and take advantage of the sale, but keep your original supplier for future orders after the sale ends. If a new supplier comes in with a lower regular price, then consider overriding the product for current and future orders.
Overriding products for current orders doesn't affect your original product. The product URL, title, description, and images remain the same. Any future orders that you receive will use the original supplier.
- Find a product to replace the existing product and add it to your store. For more details, refer to Adding and importing products.
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to Orders.
- Next to the product that you want to override, click Override Order Product.
- In Override with, enter the title of the new product.
- Select the corresponding variant.
- Choose whether to apply this change to all unfulfilled orders.
- Click Override product.
Override a product for current and future orders
You can use the override feature in Oberlo to replace old products with new ones while keeping the same product URL and statistics. During the override, you can update the details, pricing, and images for the product. There are several different reasons why you might need to override a product, such as:
- You want to connect your existing AliExpress products to your Oberlo account.
- You want to re-sync a product in Shopify that has become un-synced with Oberlo.
- You want to change the supplier for the product.
Find a product to replace the existing product and add it to your Import List.
On the sidebar, click Import List.
Click the More actions > Select Product to Override for the product that you want to update.
Search for the product that you want to override in the Existing product section, then select it.
Check if you want to override the title, description, and images.
Click Import and Override
If you have any open orders that haven't been sent to a supplier, then select the new variant that matches the product.
Your existing product variants are restored to their defaults for each product that you override. If you need to make any changes, then customize your variants in the import list before confirming the override.
If any orders were placed when the product was out of sync, then those orders don't appear in Oberlo. You need to create that order by adding a draft order in Shopify.
Delete a product
You can remove Oberlo products from your store by deleting them from either the Shopify admin or the Oberlo dashboard.
Delete a product in Shopify
Deleting a product within your Shopify admin also deletes it from your Oberlo account. To delete a product from your Shopify admin, see Delete a product.
Delete a product in Oberlo
When you delete a product within Oberlo, you have the option to also remove it from your Shopify admin.
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to My Products.
- Next to the product that you want to delete, click the Actions drop-menu menu and click Delete this Product.
- Optional: If you want to delete the product from your Shopify admin as well, then check Delete this product from my Shopify store too.
- Click Delete product.