Overriding and deleting Oberlo products
Override a product
You can use the override feature in Oberlo to replace old products with new ones while keeping the same product URL and statistics. During the override, you can update the details, pricing, and images for the product. There are several different reasons why you might need to override a product, such as:
- You want to connect your existing AliExpress products to your Oberlo account.
- You want to re-sync a product in Shopify that has become un-synced with Oberlo.
- You want to change the supplier for the product.
Find a product to replace the existing product and add it to your Import List.
On the sidebar, click Import List.
Click the More actions > Select Product to Override for the product that you want to update.
Search for the product that you want to override in the Existing product section, then select it.
Check if you want to override the title, description, and images.
Click Import and Override
If you have any open orders that haven't been sent to a supplier, then select the new variant that matches the product.
Your existing product variants are restored to their defaults for each product that you override. If you need to make any changes, then customize your variants in the import list before confirming the override.
If any orders were placed when the product was out of sync, then those orders don't appear in Oberlo. You need to create that order by adding a draft order in Shopify.
Delete a product
You can remove Oberlo products from your store by deleting them from either the Shopify admin or the Oberlo dashboard.
Delete a product in Shopify
Deleting a product within your Shopify admin also deletes it from your Oberlo account. To delete a product from your Shopify admin, see Delete a product.
Delete a product in Oberlo
When you delete a product within Oberlo, you have the option to also remove it from your Shopify admin.
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to My Products.
- Next to the product that you want to delete, click the Actions drop-menu menu and click Delete this Product.
- Optional: If you want to delete the product from your Shopify admin as well, then check Delete this product from my Shopify store too.
- Click Delete product.