Facebook and Instagram by Meta requirements
To install Facebook and Instagram by Meta you need to have a Facebook account and an online store. If you don't have a Facebook account when you install Facebook and Instagram by Meta in your Shopify admin, then you'll be prompted to sign up for one.
You might need to change your store's settings before you can add a sales channel because of specific eligibility requirements.
If your store isn't eligible for a sales channel, then the channel appears as Unavailable in your Shopify admin. Click You can't add this channel to see why your store isn't eligible.
Checkout on Instagram and Facebook
- Shopify determines the sales tax for products that you sell on Instagram based on the tax registration number that you provide. If your business is registered, then you need to provide a valid state tax registration number for every state where you operate a physical location. You can use your Social Security Number (SSN) as your tax registration number.
- When you set up shipping information, you need to set a standard shipping option in your Shopify admin Shipping settings. You can also set up additional shipping options, such as expedited shipping.
- Your Facebook account needs to be connected to a bank account so that you can receive payments for orders placed on Facebook and Instagram. In your Shopify admin, click Settings > Payments, and then click Go to Facebook to enter or edit your bank account information on Facebook. Learn more about adding bank information to Facebook from the Facebook Help Center.
- You need to add a return policy for orders placed on Facebook and Instagram.
- It can take up to 48 hours to be approved by Facebook after setup is complete.
- Orders placed on Facebook and Instagram must be fulfilled within 30 days. If you use a print-on-demand service, then you should choose Your Shopify Online Store as your checkout option because you don't directly control fulfillment times.
- You need to provide customers with a tracking number for deliveries.
- Your return policy must let customers return items within a minimum of 30 days.
- Checkout on Facebook and Instagram is a Facebook product, so the requirements for using this checkout method are determined by Facebook.
- Products sold on Facebook and Instagram must follow Facebook Commerce Policies.
- Products sold on Facebook and Instagram must follow Shopify Payments Terms of Service.
To be eligible to list products on Facebook using the Facebook Shop feature in Facebook and Instagram by Meta, you need to meet a few requirements:
- Your store needs to be located in a country or region where the Facebook Shop feature is available.
- You need a Facebook Page for your business. The Facebook Page needs to use the Shopping template.
- Your Sender email, set in the Store details settings of your Shopify admin, needs to be a valid email address.