Requirements for selling with Instagram Checkout
Your store needs to be approved by Facebook to sell on Instagram, and products sold on Instagram need to follow Facebook Commerce Policies.
Learn more about product requirements for selling on Instagram.
To use Instagram checkout, your store must meet the following Commerce eligibility requirements:
- You need to have a Shopify online store, and the store can't be password protected.
- Your Instagram account needs to be a business profile or a creator account associated with the Facebook Page for your business. Learn how to convert an Instagram account to a business profile or convert an Instagram account to a creator account from Instagram Help.
- Your Facebook Page must comply with Facebook's Terms of Service, Commercial Terms, and Community Standards.
- Your products must be available for direct purchase from your verified domain, or Checkout on Facebook Shops.
- Your business must be located in a Supported Market for Facebook Commerce Surfaces.
Checkout on Instagram syncs your Shopify products to a Facebook catalog for your business so that you can tag your products on Instagram. To use Instagram Checkout to sync products, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and your Instagram account. If you don't have a Business Manager or a Facebook Page for your business, then you can create one when you're setting up Checkout on Instagram and Facebook.
Facebook Business Manager is a tool that you can use to organize and manage your business Pages and accounts in one place. Learn more about Business Manager from the Facebook Help Center.
Facebook Page settings
The following requirements need to be met on Facebook before you can connect your Facebook Page:
- Your Facebook account needs to have an admin role on the Page.
- The Facebook page needs to be published.
Understanding roles and permissions on Facebook
On Facebook, you need an admin role for a Page, Ad account, and Business Manager before you can access all of Facebook's settings and make certain changes. Pages, Ad accounts, and Business Managers have separate account permissions, which means that you need admin roles for each one. The Business Manager that you select in the Facebook channel must be the owner of the Facebook page and the Facebook Ad account during onboarding. If the Facebook Page or Ad account is owned by a different Business Manager, then the Facebook Page and the Facebook Ad account aren't listed as options to connect. If you can't connect a desired Facebook Page or Ad account, then try connecting a different Facebook Business Manager.
You can find an overview of Facebook roles and permissions and links to more resources on the Facebook Help Center.
Shipping and return policy requirements
To be approved to sell on Instagram, your store needs to meet the following shipping and return policy requirements:
- You need to fulfill products within 30 days of the order being placed.
- You need to accept returns for 30 days after the product is delivered.