Requirements for selling with Instagram Checkout
Your store needs to be approved by Facebook to use Checkout on Facebook and Instagram, and products sold on Facebook and Instagram must follow Facebook Commerce Policies.
Learn more about product requirements for Checkout on Facebook and Instagram.
To use Checkout on Facebook and Instagram, your store must meet the following Commerce eligibility requirements:
- You need to have a Shopify online store, and the store can't be password protected.
- If you want to sell on Instagram, then your account needs to be a professional profile or a creator account associated with the Facebook Page for your business. Learn how to convert an Instagram account to a professional profile or convert an Instagram account to a creator account from Instagram Help.
- Your Facebook Page must comply with Facebook's Terms of Service, Commercial Terms, and Community Standards.
- Your products must be available for direct purchase from your verified domain.
- Your business must be located in a Supported Market for Facebook Commerce Surfaces.
Checkout on Facebook and Instagram syncs your Shopify products to a Facebook catalog for your business so that you can tag your products on Instagram, and sell them through Facebook Shops. To use Checkout on Instagram, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to your business's Facebook Page. If you want to sell on Instagram, then your Facebook Business Manager must also be connected to your professional Instagram account. If you don't have a Business Manager or a Facebook Page for your business, then you can create one when you're setting up the Facebook channel.
Facebook Business Manager is a tool that you can use to organize and manage your business Pages and accounts in one place. Learn more about Business Manager from the Facebook Help Center.
Facebook Page settings
The following requirements need to be met on Facebook before you can connect your Facebook Page:
- Your Facebook account needs to have an admin role on the Page.
- The Facebook page needs to be published.
Understanding roles and permissions on Facebook
On Facebook, you need an admin role for a Page and Business Manager before you can access all of Facebook's settings and make certain changes. Pages and Business Managers have separate account permissions, which means that you need admin roles for each one. The Business Manager that you select in the Facebook channel must be the owner of the Facebook page during onboarding. If the Facebook Page is owned by a different Business Manager, then the Facebook Page isn't listed as an option to connect. If you can't connect a desired Facebook Page, then check that the Facebook Business Manager you are connecting owns the Facebook page, or try connecting a different Business Manager.
You can find an overview of Facebook roles and permissions and links to more resources on the Facebook Help Center.
Shipping and return policy requirements
To be approved to sell on Instagram, your store needs to meet the following shipping and return policy requirements:
- You need to fulfill products within 30 days of the order being placed.
- You need to accept returns for 30 days after the product is delivered.