Setting up Checkout on Instagram
You can set up Checkout on Instagram when you set up Instagram Shopping on the Facebook channel, or at any time on the Settings page in the Facebook channel. After you set up Checkout on Instagram, customers can buy your products directly from your Instagram business page without having to leave the Instagram app.
You can change your checkout method between Directly on Facebook or Instagram or Your Shopify Online store in the Facebook channel commerce settings.
- Facebook determines the sales tax for products that you sell on Instagram based on the tax registration number that you provide. If your business is registered, then you need to provide a valid state tax registration number for every state where you operate a physical location. You can use your Social Security Number (SSN) as your tax registration number.
- When you set up shipping information, you need to set a standard shipping option. You can also set up additional shipping options, such as expedited shipping.
- If you set a maximum amount of items per package that can ship at the standard rate, then customers are charged the standard rate every time the number of items in an order exceeds the set maximum amount. For example, if the maximum number of items per package is 10, and the customer orders 32 items, then they are charged the standard shipping rate 4 times.
- You can set up a shipping rate based on the number of items in an order by selecting Advanced settings when you set up shipping.
- Your Facebook account needs to be connected to a bank account so that you can receive payments for orders placed on Instagram. In your Shopify admin, click Settings > Payments, and then click Go to Facebook to enter or edit your bank account information on Facebook. Learn more about adding bank information to Facebook from the Facebook Help Center.
- You need to add a return policy for orders placed on Instagram.
- It can take up to 48 hours to be approved by Facebook after setup is complete.
- Orders placed on Instagram must to be shipped within 3 days and delivered within 10 days. If you use a print-on-demand service, then you should choose Your Shopify Online Store as your checkout option because you don't directly control fulfillment times.
- You need to provide customers with a tracking number for deliveries.
- Your return policy must let customers return items within a minimum of 30 days.
- Instagram is a Facebook product, so the requirements for selling on Instagram are determined by Facebook.
Set up Checkout on Instagram when you install the Facebook channel
- In the Sell on Instagram section of the Welcome page of the Facebook channel, click Start set up.
- Connect your Facebook account, Business Manager, and Facebook page.
- Select the checkout method that you want your customers to use:
- To have your customers check out on your Shopify online store, click Your Shopify Online store and then click Save.
- To have your customers check out directly on Facebook or Instagram, complete the following steps:
- Select Directly on Facebook or Instagram, and then click Save.
- Enter the additional details about your store, making sure to click Save after each step.
- Set up your Standard shipping option, and then create any additional shipping methods. You might need to select Advanced settings to create more complex shipping options.
- Click Save.
- Connect your Facebook Commerce Manager.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Finish Setup.
Set up Checkout on Instagram from the Settings page of the Facebook channel
If you're already using other features of the Facebook channel and want to change your checkout method, then you can install Checkout on Instagram from the Settings page in the Facebook channel.
- Click Settings in the Facebook channel.
- Click Commerce settings.
- In the Checkout method section, select the checkout method that you want customers to use. Select either Directly on Facebook and Instagram or Your Shopify Online Store, and then click Save.
- Click Start setup.
- Add your store details and confirm your store address and contact information, and then click Save.
- Add state tax information and click Save.
- Set up your shipping information and click Save.
- Click Finish Setup.