Setting up Checkout on Instagram
You can set up Checkout on Facebook and Instagram when you set up Instagram Shopping on the Facebook channel, or at any time on the Settings page in the Facebook channel, if you have activated Instagram Shopping or Facebook Shop. After you set up Checkout on Facebook and Instagram, customers can buy your products directly from your Instagram business page and Facebook page without having to leave the Instagram or Facebook app.
You can change your checkout method between Directly on Facebook or Instagram or Your Shopify Online store in the Facebook channel commerce settings.
- Shopify determines the sales tax for products that you sell on Instagram based on the tax registration number that you provide. If your business is registered, then you need to provide a valid state tax registration number for every state where you operate a physical location. You can use your Social Security Number (SSN) as your tax registration number.
- When you set up shipping information, you need to set a standard shipping option in your Shopify admin Shipping settings. You can also set up additional shipping options, such as expedited shipping.
- Your Facebook account needs to be connected to a bank account so that you can receive payments for orders placed on Facebook and Instagram. In your Shopify admin, click Settings > Payments, and then click Go to Facebook to enter or edit your bank account information on Facebook. Learn more about adding bank information to Facebook from the Facebook Help Center.
- You need to add a return policy for orders placed on Facebook and Instagram.
- It can take up to 48 hours to be approved by Facebook after setup is complete.
- Orders placed on Facebook and Instagram must be fulfilled within 30 days. If you use a print-on-demand service, then you should choose Your Shopify Online Store as your checkout option because you don't directly control fulfillment times.
- You need to provide customers with a tracking number for deliveries.
- Your return policy must let customers return items within a minimum of 30 days.
- Checkout on Facebook and Instagram is a Facebook product, so the requirements for using this checkout method are determined by Facebook.
- Products sold on Facebook and Instagram must follow Facebook Commerce Policies.
- Products sold on Facebook and Instagram must follow Shopify Payments Terms of Service.
Set up Checkout on Facebook and Instagram from the Settings page of the Facebook channel
If you're already using Instagram Shopping or Facebook Shop in the Facebook channel and want to change your checkout method, then you can set up Checkout on Facebook and Instagram from the Settings page in the Facebook channel.
- Click Settings in the Facebook channel.
- Click Commerce settings.
- In the Checkout method section, select the checkout method that you want customers to use. Select either Directly on Facebook and Instagram or Your Shopify Online Store, and then click Save.
- Click Start setup.
- Complete the set up for your Payments settings.
- Confirm your store details, and then click Save.
- Confirm your state tax, and shipping settings, and click Save.
- Click Finish Setup.