Setting up Instagram Shopping
Instagram Shopping connects the products that you have in Shopify to your Instagram business profile so that customers can view your products in Instagram. Customers can view your products using product tags or by viewing your online store. Before you add Instagram Shopping, make sure that you have a Facebook business page and that your Instagram profile is a Professional Account.
Convert an Instagram profile to a Professional Account
- In the Instagram app, open your business's profile.
- Tap the ☰ icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Switch to Professional Account.
- Select a category for your business, confirm your contact details, and then connect your Facebook Business Page.
Learn more about converting to an Instagram profile to a business profile in the Facebook Help Center.
Add Instagram Shopping to the Facebook sales channel
Instagram Shopping can be set up as the first feature when you install the Facebook channel, or it can be added from the Overview page of the Facebook channel at any time. If you already set up Facebook Shop or Facebook Marketing in the Facebook channel, then some steps might already be completed.
- From your Shopify admin, click Facebook sales channel > Overview.
- Click Set up to start in the Instagram Shopping section.
- Connect the required Facebook accounts to the Facebook sales channel.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions, then click Request approval.
It takes 24-48 hours for Facebook to review your products.
Add your product catalog to Instagram
You can add your product catalog from the Shopping section in your Instagram business profile settings.
- Using Instagram, open your business profile options and then go to the Settings section.
- Tap Business > Shopping, and then confirm your Facebook account.
- Select the product catalog that you want to connect.
- Tap Done.
Learn more about adding your product catalog to Instagram in the Facebook Help Center.
Changing your product's description
To change the product description, name, or price shown in the product tag details, you need to edit the product listing on Shopify and publish the updated product to Facebook. Your product description cannot be different on Instagram than it is in Shopify.
If there's an incorrect price for a product on Instagram, then make sure that your price and compare at price are correct in Shopify. You can also check your Facebook Commerce Manager to make sure that there's no sale start or end date on the product.