Requirements for the Instagram channel
To use the Instagram channel, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to be on the Basic Shopify plan or higher and have opened an online store.
- You need to remove the password from your online store.
- You need to set up Facebook Shop and be approved by Facebook, and your Facebook page can't have any age or country restrictions.
- You need to connect your Instagram business profile to a Facebook catalog.
- You need to comply with Facebook's merchant agreement and commerce policies.
- You need to sell physical goods.
- You need to use the latest version of the Instagram app that is available in your country.
Products sold on Instagram need to follow Facebook commerce policies.
Set up Facebook Shop
Before you begin setting up the Instagram channel, make sure that you have a Facebook Shop page and that you have added products to your Facebook catalog. If you aren't already selling on Facebook, then you can set up Facebook Shop and make products available to the channel to create a Facebook product catalog. If you have published products to Facebook by using Facebook Shop, then you meet this requirement.
Convert an Instagram profile into a business profile
- Using Instagram, open your profile and then go to your settings.
- Tap Switch to business profile and follow the steps to connect Instagram to your Facebook business page. Make sure that you connect to the Facebook page that you added to Shopify.
Learn more about converting to an Instagram profile to a business profile in the Facebook Help Center.