The Facebook Messenger feature in the Facebook channel lets you connect Facebook messenger to Shopify Inbox. After you activate the Messenger feature in the Facebook channel, you can send and receive messages from Facebook Messenger within Inbox. Before you add Messenger, make sure that you have a Facebook business page.
Use Shopify Inbox to access all of your customer messages in one location.
Install Shopify Inbox
Before you add Messenger to the Facebook channel, you need to install Shopify Inbox. Shopify Inbox lets you share products and discounts, and manage customer conversations.
- Install Shopify Inbox on one of the following mobile devices:
- Open Shopify Inbox, and then log in to your Shopify account.
For more information on Shopify Inbox setup, refer to Setting up Shopify Inbox.
Add Messenger to the Facebook channel
Messenger can be added from the Overview page of the Facebook channel at any time. If Facebook Shop, Instagram Shopping, or Facebook Marketing is already set up in your store's Facebook channel, then some steps might already be completed.
Before you add Messenger to the Facebook channel, make sure that you have set up the Facebook channel, and that your Facebook page has a Message us button. To learn more about adding a Message us button, refer to How do I add an action button to my Facebook Page?.
- From your Shopify admin, click Facebook > Overview.
- In the Messenger section, click Set up to start.
- Click Confirm to authorize Shopify Inbox to work with Messenger.
- Click Go to Facebook to set up your Messenger button. Your business's Facebook page must have a Message us button to complete this step.
- Click Go to Shopify Inbox to log in to Shopify Inbox to complete your Messenger setup.
- Click Finish on the Set up Facebook Messenger page.
When a customer messages you on Facebook Messenger, you can now respond using Shopify Inbox.