Applying to sell on Handshake
Handshake is a wholesale marketplace that's currently available only to businesses located in the United States. To sell on the Handshake marketplace you need to meet the requirements set by the Handshake team and submit a supplier application form. Currently there are no fees for listing your supplier profile and products on the Handshake marketplace.
Requirements to sell on Handshake
Your business needs to meet the following requirements to sell on the Handshake marketplace:
- Your business needs to be located in the United States.
- You need to have an active store on Shopify that has made sales.
- You cannot resell products from other businesses.
- Your products need to comply with the Handshake Product Guidelines and the Handshake Terms of Service.
- You need to have a direct payment provider enabled on your store.
- Your product images need to comply with the Handshake Photography Guidelines.
- The products that you sell need to comply with the product categories listed on the Handshake marketplace.
Apply to Handshake
To apply to sell on the Handshake marketplace you need to submit a supplier application form on Handshake.com. The Handshake team reviews your application and checks your store within 10-14 business days. After your store is reviewed, you receive an email about whether or not your application is approved.
If your supplier application is approved, then you receive an email with a unique link to install the Handshake sales channel to your Shopify admin. Click Add Handshake sales channel in the email to install the Handshake sales channel to your Shopify admin.
You can use the Handshake sales channel to list your supplier profile and your wholesale products to the Handshake marketplace. To use the Handshake sales channel, you store needs to be located in the US and have USD set as the default currency. To set up your Handshake supplier profile, refer to the Supplier profile setup checklist.
If you don't receive a reply about your application within 14 business days, then contact the Handshake team at firstname.lastname@example.org.