Applying to sell on Handshake
Handshake is a wholesale marketplace that's currently available only to businesses located in the United States. To sell on the Handshake marketplace you need to install the Handshake sales channel in your Shopify admin and meet the requirements set by the Handshake team. Currently there are no fees for listing your business and products on the Handshake marketplace.
Requirements to sell on Handshake
Your business needs to meet the following requirements to sell on the Handshake marketplace:
- Your business needs to be located in the United States.
- You need to have an active store on Shopify that has made sales.
- You cannot resell products from other businesses.
- Your products need to comply with the Handshake Product Guidelines and the Handshake Terms of Service.
- You need to have a direct payment provider enabled on your store.
- Your product images need to comply with the Handshake Photography Guidelines.
- The products that you sell need to comply with the product categories listed on the Handshake marketplace.
Apply and install Handshake
To apply to sell on the Handshake marketplace you need to install the Handshake sales channel in your Shopify admin.
To install the Handshake sales channel in your Shopify admin you need to meet the following requirements:
- Your store address needs to be in the United States.
- Your store currency needs to be USD.
- Your store needs to have enabled a direct payment gateway.
- Your store needs to have made at least $1,000 USD in sales.
- Your store needs to have at least 1 published product.
- Your store needs to have a shipping rate with an United States shipping zone.
- Go to the Handshake for Suppliers page in the Shopify App Store.
- Click Add app, then click Add sales channel.
After you add the Handshake sales channel to your Shopify admin, the Handshake team reviews your business within 10-14 business days. After your business is reviewed, the Handshake team emails you about whether or not your business is eligible to sell on the Handshake marketplace. If your business is eligible, then you can start setting up your Handshake supplier profile.
If you don't receive an email or a notification in the Handshake sales channel about your business eligbility within 14 business days, then check the Spam folder in your email inbox and contact the Handshake team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to reapply to sell on Handshake, then you need to reinstall the Handshake sales channel in your Shopify admin.