SSL Unavailable error
When you add your custom domain, a new SSL certificate is automatically created. This process can take up to 48 hours. During that time, an SSL Unavailable error might be displayed in your Shopify admin. One of the following security errors might also be displayed in your browser when you visit your online store:
- Your connection is not private - Google Chrome
- Your connection is not secure - Mozilla Firefox
- There is a problem connecting securely to this website - Microsoft Edge.
If your online store still displays a security error after more than 48 hours, then try the troubleshooting steps below.
To resolve the security error, make sure that your domain record settings are configured correctly. The most common issues with domain configurations are:
- Your A record isn't pointing to Shopify
- Your domain has more than one A record
- You are using an AAAA record
- You are using a CAA record
- DNSSEC is enabled for your domain
If you make changes to your domain record settings to ensure they're configured correctly, then it can take up to 48 hours for those changes to take effect. If you still see the security error message after 48 hours, then contact Shopify Support.