You can download a theme to your computer if you want to do the following:
- Use an editor on your computer to make changes to the theme.
- Create a backup of your theme.
- Save the theme for later use if you've reached the limit of 20 themes.
Theme downloads don't include images. If you want to upload the theme to another store, then you need to re-add images separately.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- For the theme that you want to download, click the ... button to open the actions menu, and then click Download theme file.
The theme is sent in a
.zip file to the email that's associated with your staff login.
After you download a theme, it's safe to delete it from your Shopify admin. If you want to add the same theme again in the future, then you can upload it.