Adding an announcement banner
You can add a banner on your website to inform customers about important information about your business.
You could add a banner to highlight the following information:
- any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
- any updated or new policy pages
- any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards
Some themes have a banner feature built-in, while others require you to download an app to get a banner.
Check if your theme has a banner feature
To check if your theme has a banner feature, use the following methods:
- Go to Online Store > Themes, and then click Customize. In the Header section, search for something like "Announcement bar" or "Banner settings".
- Read your theme’s documentation. If you’re using a Shopify-supported theme, then refer to Free themes from Shopify.
- Contact your theme developer. If you use a Shopify-supported theme, then contact email@example.com.
If your theme has a built-in banner feature, then follow your theme’s documentation to add it to your website. If you’re using a Shopify-supported theme, then refer to Free themes from Shopify.
If your theme doesn’t have a banner feature, or the built-in feature doesn’t have the settings that you want, then you can download a banner app.
Download a banner app
- Go to the Shopify App Store.
- Search for an app using
- When you have found an app that you want, go to its app listing page and click Add app.
Follow the app's installation instructions and any documentation from the app’s developers to add the banner to your store.