Contacting a Shopify store about an order
If you're a customer of a Shopify-hosted store, and you need help with an order that you placed in that store, then you need to contact the store directly. When you place an order at a store that uses Shopify, you’re ordering directly from that business. These businesses are responsible for their store policies, business practices, and the products that you buy.
In most cases, you can contact a store using the following methods:
- calling by telephone
- reviewing the order confirmation details for store contact information or order tracking updates
- sending an email
- using a
contact usform found on the store's website
- using a social media messaging app, such as Facebook Messenger
On this page
Tips for a better online shopping experience
To ensure positive online shopping experiences with Shopify-hosted stores, consider the following tips for online shopping:
- Find store contact information: Look for dedicated email addresses, phone numbers, or support chat options that make it easy to get help before placing your order.
- Read store policies: Look for links to store policies on the online store or checkout pages, and carefully review the details. For international shipping, it's important to determine if additional duties and taxes apply. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to reach out to the store before making a purchase.
Check out securely: A secure online store checkout provides privacy protection and safeguards your personal information. Look for familiar payment methods, such as PayPal or Shop Pay. To identify a secure checkout, ensure that the checkout link begins with
https://indicates a secure connection.
- Do your research: Read product reviews or use search engines like Google to gather information about a business and learn from other customers' experiences. Remember, if a deal seems "too good to be true", then it probably is.
By following these tips, you can enhance your online shopping experience and feel more confident in your purchases.
Find your order confirmation URL
To find your order confirmation URL, try the following steps:
- Find and open your order confirmation email.
- In the email, click View your order. You'll be redirected to the store's website where you can view information about your order.
- Examine the URL in your browser's address bar. Your URL should be similar to the following URL example:
If you use the Shop app, then you can find helpful resources by visiting the Shop Help Center:
- contact a Shop store from within the app
- track your orders
- learn more about how to set and use Shop Pay
Shop Pay Installments
Shop Pay Installments is powered and serviced by Affirm and is only available on some stores. For information about Shop Pay Installments payments and financing, such as why you might not have been approved, visit the Shop Pay Installments Help Center, powered by Affirm.
Find the best ways to get help
Visit the Shop Help Center to learn how to contact a store or shipping carrier, or report an issue using the Shop app.
Privacy information for customers
Shopify provides software and hardware used by our merchants to run their businesses. We don't sell products directly to consumers. For information on how we might use your information at the direction of our merchants, refer to Privacy for Customers.
Report an issue with a Shopify store or merchant
To report a problem that you're having with a Shopify store or merchant, there are different forms that you can complete:
- If you have an issue with an order that you purchased through a Shopify store or merchant, and you've already tried to contact the store directly and it's been at least 30 days with no response or resolution, then you can use the Report an issue with an order form.
- If a Shopify store or merchant is using your Intellectual Property and posting content that you believe infringes your copyright, then complete the Shopify DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure form.
- If you believe that a Shopify store or merchant is selling products against Shopify's Acceptable Use Policy, then you can use the Report and Issue with a Merchant form.