Enabling Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is a fast, easy, and trusted way for your customers to make purchases on your online store by using payment and shipping information stored in their Amazon accounts. You keep full control of the customer relationship, and your product-level data is never captured or shared with Amazon. Learn more about secure checkouts from Amazon Pay.
Depending on your store's Shopify plan and your region, transactions processed through Amazon Pay might be subject to third-party transaction fees. Learn more about third-party transaction fees.
Supported countries and currencies
To be eligible for Amazon Pay, your Shopify store must be based in one of the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Amazon Pay supports only USD, GBP, JPY, and EUR. Amazon Pay appears in the Payments section of your Shopify admin only if you're using a supported currency. Learn more about supported currencies for Amazon Pay from Amazon Pay Help.
Activate Amazon Pay
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
- In the Amazon Pay section, click Activate Amazon Pay.
- Follow the instructions on the Amazon Pay website to create your account.
- If your Shopify store uses a custom primary domain, then add the homepage URL of your online store to your Amazon Pay Integration settings:
- In Amazon Seller Central, go to Integration > Integration Central.
- In the Manage client ID/store ID(s) section, click View client ID/store ID(s).
- From the App or store name drop-down menu, select your Shopify store, then click Edit.
- Add the complete homepage URL, such as
- Click Save changes.
After you agree to provide your Shopify store with access to your Amazon Payments merchant account, Amazon Pay appears as an active payment provider on the Payments page in your Shopify admin.
After you activate Amazon Pay, eligible customers can select Amazon Pay during checkout. The payment process is embedded into the checkout page by default so that your customers can complete their orders without having to leave your online store.
Customers who select Amazon Pay can access the shipping address and payment information stored in their Amazon account to complete their purchase with an accelerated checkout. Their billing address remains private, and isn't shared with Shopify. Learn more about accelerated checkouts.