Using Kit with Instagram
Kit can help you run Instagram ads. When you run an ad on Instagram with Kit, Facebook bills the payment method associated with your Facebook ad account. You don't pay Kit for running Instagram ads.
You can use Kit to create Instagram ads that showcase your products and link to your store.
Instagram ads aren't related to Instagram product tagging. If you want to tag your products in Instagram posts, then you can use the Instagram channel.
Instagram ads guidelines
Before you run ads on Instagram, it's important to consider Instagram's design requirements for Instagram feed ads.
Set up Kit to run Instagram ads
The first time you run an ad on Instagram, Kit prompts you to complete a few steps to set up your Shopify, Facebook, and Instagram accounts. For more details, watch a video on Setting Up Instagram Ads.
- From the Kit dashboard, click Create compelling Instagram ads.
- Connect to Facebook, and then click Done.
- Connect to your Facebook business page, and then click Done.
- Connect your Business Manager, and then click Done.
- Add an ad account to your Business Manager, and then click Done.
- Accept Facebook's Custom Audiences Terms, and then click Done.
- Accept Facebook's Website Audiences Terms, and then click Done.
- Select your target country, and then click Done.
- Add an Instagram account to your Facebook Business Manager, and then click Done.
- Associate your Instagram Account to your Facebook ad account, and then click Done.
Run an Instagram ad with Kit
hi kitto start a new conversation with Kit.
Begin the process of running an Instagram ad:
- If you're communicating with Kit using Shopify Ping, then tap Market products > Run an ad on Facebook.
- If you're communicating with Kit using SMS text, then choose
1to market your products with Kit, and then choose
3to market products on Instagram.
Kit asks which products that you want to promote. Select a marketing type by choosing a number:
- Priority products are a custom set of products that you specify as important in the Kit dashboard.
- New products are those that you recently added to your store.
- Recent best sellers are products that have been selling well.
- Slowest moving inventory are your products that have seen less-then-average sales.
- When you showcase your store, Kit chooses a selection of products to promote.
Select a budget for your ads. In Kit, the budget determines how long the Instagram ad will run. For $30 USD and less, the ad runs for 2 days. For $31 USD and up, the ad runs for 7 days.
Kit sends you a link to preview the ad, and the ad is published automatically.
Troubleshooting your Instagram account setup
Personal ad accounts can't be claimed
You might get an error on Facebook when setting up your Instagram account:
This personal ad account can't be claimed because there hasn't been any activity on it. Please create a new ad account in Business Manager instead.
To fix this error, you need to create your own ad account using Facebook's Business Manager.
After you create a new Facebook ad account, you need to contact the Kit team to set the account as the primary ad account for Kit. From kitcrm.com/adjust, click the speech bubble icon, and then click New Conversation to request that the new account is set as the primary ad account for Kit.