Placing and fulfilling AliExpress orders with Oberlo
After you receive an order that contains an AliExpress item, you need to purchase the item from the supplier. Oberlo helps automate the ordering process by adding the customer's items and shipping information to your AliExpress checkout, but you need to place the order so that your customers receive the item.
Before you place or fulfill any AliExpress orders, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- You're on a desktop or laptop computer.
- You're using Google's Chrome browser. If you don't have the Chrome browser on your computer, then you can download Chrome at google.com/chrome.
- The Oberlo Chrome extension is added on your Chrome browser.
- You're signed into your AliExpress buyer's account on AliExpress. If you don't have an AliExpress buyer's account, you can sign up for one at AliExpress.
- Your AliExpress cart is empty.
Place a single order
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to the Orders page, and then scroll to the order that you want to fulfill.
- Click Order next to the order that you want to fulfill.
- When redirected to AliExpress, review and check the order's details.
- Enter your payment details, and then click Confirm.
- Review the order, and then click Place Order.
After you purchase the product from the supplier, the status changes from To Order to In Processing within Oberlo.
The supplier should then ship out the order within 2-7 days. Review the Mark orders as fulfilled section on how to mark the order as fulfilled after the supplier has shipped the items.
Place multiple orders
If you use the Boss plan, then you can place multiple orders at a time. There's no limit to how many orders you can place at a time within Oberlo, however, the AliExpress checkout has a limit of 30 orders per checkout.
For example, if you want to place 100 orders, then you can place all 100 orders through Oberlo, and then pay for them in AliExpress in three checkouts of 30 orders and one checkout of 10 orders.
If you use the Starter plan and want to use this feature, then you can change your plan.
Any applicable personalized shipping methods are used when processing multiple orders. The remaining orders that are processed use the default shipping method, or the cheapest method if the default method is not available. To change your shipping settings, see Suppliers settings.
When you place multiple orders at once from Oberlo, a new AliExpress tab opens in your browser where the orders are processed. If you close the tab, then the orders stop processing. The progress of your orders that are being processed is shown in Oberlo. To view more details of the progress, click the Status Page link in the dialog box. After each order is processed, it's assigned an Ali Order ID and its status changes from
To order to
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to the Orders page.
- Choose the orders that you want to fulfill by using one of the following methods:
- If you want to select specific orders to fulfill, then select the checkbox next to each of them.
- If you want to fulfill all the unfulfilled orders on the page, then select Showing # orders.
- Click Place # AliExpress Orders.
- If there is an error when processing any of the orders, then the order processing stops until you resolve the error. To learn more about each error, see Fix bulk ordering error messages.
- After all the orders are processed, click Pay For All Orders in the order processing dialog box.
- Optional: If you want to change the shipping method for an order, then click the shipping method link next to the order in the Order Review section and choose a new method.
- Complete payment for the orders in the aliexpress.com checkout.
The supplier should ship the order within 2-7 days. Review the Mark orders as fulfilled section on how to mark the order as fulfilled after the supplier has shipped the items.
Fix bulk ordering errors
The following errors can appear in the bulk ordering dialog box when you place multiple orders:
Your attention is needed - A product could not be added to the AliExpress checkout. For example, a product on AliExpress might have gone out of stock.
For more information, click Solve in the order processing dialog box. You're then taken to the AliExpress page of the product that can't be ordered. If you want to skip the order, then click Skip Order in the Oberlo Chrome Extension dialog box. The order is marked as
Failedin the order processing status page.
You can use variant mapping to try to connect the product to a new supplier so that the order can be retried later. For more information, see Combining products with variant mapping.
If no other suppliers have the product, then you should resolve the situation with your customer. For example, you could contact the customer and ask if they would like a different variant of the product, or if they would like the amount they paid deducted from the price of a different product from your store. If your customer does not want any other products, then you should cancel and refund the order.
Could not fill shipping info - Oberlo can't add a customer's shipping address to the to the AliExpress checkout.
To resolve the situation, click Solve in the order processing dialog box. You're then taken to the AliExpress checkout where you can add the missing information. After you enter the information, click Save and ship to this address.
If you don't have the information, then click Skip Order in the Oberlo Chrome Extension dialog box. Oberlo skips the order, the order is marked as
Failed, and Oberlo continues to process any other orders in the queue. You can then contact your customer for the correct information and retry the order later.
Solve Captcha - AliExpress is requiring you to solve a CAPTCHA before the order processing can continue.
To resolve the situation, click Solve in the order processing dialog box. You're then taken to the AliExpress checkout. In the Oberlo Chrome Extension dialog box, solve the CAPTCHA and click Solve.
Mark orders as fulfilled
After your supplier has shipped out the products, you need to mark the orders as fulfilled. If you want to send your customers a shipping confirmation email automatically when you mark an order as fulfilled, then see Shipping Notifications. You can mark orders as fulfilled in the following ways:
Fulfill orders within Oberlo
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to the Orders page.
- Next to each order that you want to fulfill, click Get Tracking Code.
Fulfill orders within your AliExpress account
While in your AliExpress buyer's account, navigate to My Orders and use one of the following methods:
- Mark a single order as fulfilled - Click SYNC WITH OBERLO next to the order you want to fulfill.
- Mark all orders on the current page as fulfilled - Click SYNC THIS PAGE.
- Mark all orders from last 30 days as fulfilled - Click SYNC LAST 30 DAYS.
Fulfill orders manually
You can manually fulfill any order containing AliExpress items that have been shipped out by the supplier by pasting the tracking code from the AliExpress order in your Oberlo order.
- In your AliExpress buyer's account, head to your My Orders section.
- Find the order you want to mark as fulfilled and click Track Order.
- Copy the tracking number.
- Go to your Oberlo dashboard.
- Go to the Orders page and click Mark as fulfilled next to the order you want to fulfill.
- Paste the tracking code in the text field and click Save.