Adding and importing products
After you decide which products you want to sell, you can add them to your Shopify store. You first need to add the products to your import list in Oberlo, and then import them into your store.
You can add products to your import list by searching within the Oberlo dashboard or by using the Oberlo Chrome extension while browsing aliexpress.com.
Add products from the Oberlo search
- Open your Oberlo dashboard.
- Click Find products.
- Using the search bar, search for products that you want to add to your store.
- When you find a product that you want to add, move your cursor over the product and then click Add to Import List.
Add products while on aliexpress.com
Before you add products to your store while browsing aliexpress.com, make sure you meet the following criteria:
- You are using a desktop or laptop computer.
- You are using the Google Chrome browser.
- You have the Oberlo Chrome extension installed on your browser.
- While using the Chrome browser on a computer, visit aliexpress.com.
- Navigate to a product that you want to add to your store.
- Click the Oberlo icon in the bottom-right corner to add the product to your import list in Oberlo.
After you add the products, and before you import them to your Shopify store, edit the product details. Changing your product details, such as product name and description, makes them unique and more appealing to your customers than the default Oberlo details.
Import products from your import list to your Shopify store
Before you import products from Oberlo, edit the product details to make them unique to your store and brand. When you're ready to import products to your Shopify store, you can do it from the Import List page.
From your Oberlo dashboard, go to Import List.
Choose from the following options:
- To import products individually, click Import to store next to the product that you want import.
- To import products in bulk, select more than one product and then click Import all to store.
Your imported products appear on the Products page in the Shopify admin.
Import product variants to your Shopify store
If you don't want to import all a product's variants to your store, then you can import the individual variants that you want to sell. Some products can have hundreds of variants and you might want to sell only a few of those variants in your Shopify store.
For example, you want to sell a mobile phone case but it has 40 variants.
You can deselect the variants that you don't want to sell and import the remaining variants to your Shopify store.
- From your Oberlo dashboard, go to Import List.
- Next to the product that you want to import, click the Variants tab.
- Deselect the variants that you don't want to sell, and then click Import to store.
Your imported products appear on the Products page in your Shopify admin.