The Stocky app helps you process, edit, and receive purchase orders (PO).
Create a purchase order
If you're creating a PO using a suggestion from Stocky, then you need to pick the number of days you want your stock to last for. POs can be regenerated at a later point in the process.
- In Stocky, click Purchase Orders > New Purchase Order.
- Pick which vendor or supplier the PO is for. A supplier is a group of vendors so if you want to create a multi-vendor purchase order you have to create a new supplier first.
- Pick the PO generation type. You can start with either a blank PO or one based on Stocky's suggestion.
Edit a purchase order
You can add, edit, or remove any items from a PO, or change the forecast options.
To add an item, use the Add Products form in the PO.
To edit the quantity of an item, click in the Quantity column which will allow you to make changes.
You can add or update any of the item cost prices by clicking in the Cost Price column. You can also change the forecast type and adjust any of the forecast parameters in the Add Products form.
Send the purchase order to your supplier
There are multiple ways to send a PO to a supplier.
- Send a PO directly from Stocky via email by clicking Send on the PO page.
- Download the PO as a PDF or copy and paste a simplified text version of the PO to an email.
Confirm the purchase order
When your PO is ready, click Confirm. Clicking Confirm marks all items in the PO as "not delivered".
Receiving the purchase order at your store
After your new stock arrives at your store, you can sync it with Shopify by clicking Receive & Sync Selected. If an item is missing, then you can sync it at a later date by unchecking the item before clicking on Receive & Sync Selected. To change the quantity of an item, click the Quantity column before you click Receive & Sync Selected.
Partially receive and backordering
If your supplier has sent a different amount of items than you expected, or some items have been damaged in transit, then you can partially receive an item and place the remaining on backorder.
- Click the arrow button in the Quantity column of the item.
- In the drop down menu, select Partially receive.
- Select the number of items to receive later by backorder.
The item is now split into two rows.
Receiving an order with a barcode scanner
You can receive items on a PO using a standard USB barcode scanner.
- In the Stocky app, go to Barcode scanner receive.
- Scan each item to increase the scanned count, or update the quantity manually in the Receive section.
- After you scan all your items, click Receive Scanned > Receive & Sync to update your Shopify stock levels.
To add a discount to a PO, click New > Other and then enter the discount amount in the Cost Price field, as well as a description and a Quantity of
1. When you are done, click Add.
Stock level restrictions
Stocky lets you set stock level restrictions when you use the PO forecast feature.
The minimum order is the minimum number of items that you need to order. For example, if your PO forecasts that you need to order 67 of an item but the minimum order is 100, then 100 items are added to the PO.
The minimum stock is the minimum amount of stock that you should have available. For example, if you have 40 of an item already in stock and your minimum stock level is 100, then your PO forecast suggests to order at least 60.
The maximum stock is the maximum amount of stock that you can have available. For example, if your PO forecasts that you need 30 of an item but your maximum stock limit is 20, then 20 items are added on to the PO.
The minimum order always takes precedence over maximum stock. Suppose that you have a maximum stock limit of 100 and a minimum order of 20. If you have 90 in stock, then the PO forecast suggests that you order 20, even though that means you'd exceed your maximum stock limit.
Set minimum and maximum stock values
- In the Stocky app, click Locations.
- Select a location.
- Enter your minimum and maximum stock values.
Set minimum order quantities
- In the Stocky app, click Vendors.
- Select a vendor.
- Click Settings.
- Click Order limits.
- Enter your minimum order quantities.