Creating a Google AdWords account
Many merchants use Google AdWords as a way to have their products viewed by potential buyers.
You can use AdWords to display your products as search ads, display ads, video ads, or in-app mobile ads on the Google network.
Find out more about Google AdWords at Google's Help Center.
Create a Google Adwords account
Find steps for how to sign up for an AdWords account at Google's Help Center
Google AdWords credit
After you pay your first subscription fee to Shopify, you might be eligible for a Google AdWords credit.
Get a free Google AdWords credit
To claim your AdWords credit:
Get your AdWords credit code:
- Log in to your Shopify admin.
- In the Discounts section, if you are eligible, you'll see a message about Google AdWords. If you aren't eligible for the credit, then you won't see the message.
- Click Claim your Google AdWords Coupon to get a coupon code.
- Highlight the code and copy it. You'll need this later.
Set up your AdWords account:
- Create a new AdWords account. Click Start advertising today to begin.
- Enter the email address that is associated with your Google Account.
- In the What is your website? field, enter the primary domain of your store.
- Click Continue.
- Complete Step 2 of your AdWords signup and customize your AdWords campaign.
- In Step 3 of your AdWords signup, complete the billing information form and paste your AdWords credit code, which you copied earlier, into the Introductory offer field. Click Apply.
- Click Save and continue and complete Step 4 in Google.
Google currently offers the Google AdWords promotion to merchants in the following countries and for the following amounts:
|United States||25 USD||100 USD|
|Canada||25 CAD||100 CAD|
|United Kingdom||25 GBP||75 GBP|
|Australia||25 AUD||100 AUD|
|Austria||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Denmark||200 DKK||600 DKK|
|Finland||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|France||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Germany||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Greece||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Indonesia||150,000 IDR||450,000 IDR|
|Ireland||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Italy||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Malaysia||50 MYR||150 MYR|
|New Zealand||25 NZD||100 NZD|
|Norway||250 NOK||750 NOK|
|Philippines||500 PHP||2000 PHP|
|Portugal||20 EUR||60 EUR|
|Singapore||25 SGD||75 SGD|
|South Africa||200 ZAR||600 ZAR|
|Spain||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Sweden||250 SEK||750 SEK|
|Switzerland||25 CHF||100 CHF|
|Thailand||500 THB||1500 THB|