Creating a Google Ads account
Many merchants use Google Ads as a way to have their products viewed by potential buyers.
You can use Google Ads to display your products as search ads, display ads, video ads, or in-app mobile ads on the Google network.
Find out more about Google Ads at Google's Help Center.
Create a Google Ads account
Find steps for how to sign up for an Google Ads account at Google's Help Center
Google Ads credit
After you pay your first subscription fee to Shopify, you might be eligible for a Google Ads credit.
Get a free Google Ads credit
Get your Google Ads credit code:
- Log in to your Shopify admin.
- In the Discounts section, if you are eligible, you'll see a message about Google Ads. If you aren't eligible for the credit, then you won't see the message.
- Click Claim your Google Ads Coupon to get a coupon code.
- Highlight the code and copy it. You'll need this later.
Set up your Google Ads account:
- Create a new Google Ads account. Click Start advertising today to begin.
- Enter the email address that is associated with your Google Account.
- In the What is your website? field, enter the primary domain of your store.
- Click Continue.
- Complete Step 2 of your Google Ads signup and customize your Google Ads campaign.
- In Step 3 of your Google Ads signup, complete the billing information form and paste your Google Ads credit code, which you copied earlier, into the Introductory offer field. Click Apply.
- Click Save and continue and complete Step 4 in Google.
Google currently offers the Google Ads promotion to merchants in the following countries and for the following amounts:
|United States||25 USD||100 USD|
|Canada||25 CAD||100 CAD|
|United Kingdom||25 GBP||75 GBP|
|Australia||25 AUD||100 AUD|
|Austria||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Denmark||200 DKK||600 DKK|
|Finland||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|France||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Germany||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Greece||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Indonesia||150,000 IDR||450,000 IDR|
|Ireland||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Italy||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Malaysia||50 MYR||150 MYR|
|New Zealand||25 NZD||100 NZD|
|Norway||250 NOK||750 NOK|
|Philippines||500 PHP||2000 PHP|
|Portugal||20 EUR||60 EUR|
|Singapore||25 SGD||75 SGD|
|South Africa||200 ZAR||600 ZAR|
|Spain||25 EUR||75 EUR|
|Sweden||250 SEK||750 SEK|
|Switzerland||25 CHF||100 CHF|
|Thailand||500 THB||1500 THB|