Google local inventory
If you manage inventory using locations, then you can use local inventory to promote your products for local shopping when your customers search using Google. Local inventory for local discovery lets Google show your customers where your products are, so that they can buy in a location that's convenient for them.
Before you set up local inventory in Shopify, make sure that your store meets the following requirements:
- You need to use Shopify POS.
- You need to have a physical retail location that you sell from.
- You need to have Shopify point of sale inventory. You can add the quantity of products at each retail location.
- You need to have at least 10 products.
- Make sure you have completed onboarding for the Google channel with your Google Merchant Center account successfully linked.
- Your products need to meet Google's requirements and have an approved status in the Product listings section of your store's Google > Overview page. Google reviews products within 3-5 business days.
Set up local inventory
Step 1: Go to the setup guide for Google local inventory
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
- From the Apps and sales channels page, click Google.
- Click Open sales channel
- Scroll to the Google local inventory section.
- Click Get started to go to the setup guide.
Step 2: Create a Google Business Profile
In the setup guide, click Create profile to sign up for a free Google Business Profile. If you already have a Google Business Profile, then click I already have a profile.
Google Business Profiles allow you to add your retail stores to Google so that your locations appear in Google Maps and search. When adding locations, make sure that you use the same address as your retail locations in Shopify so that inventory information can sync seamlessly.
Step 3: Prepare your products for syncing
You must have at least 10 products that have an approved status in the Product listings section of your store's Google > Overview page, your products are ready for syncing. Click I understand to acknowledge that your products meet these requirements.
Step 4: Link your Google accounts
After you’ve acknowledged the requirements to prepare products for syncing, you must link your Google Business Profile to your Google Merchant Center account. In the Link accounts step, enter the email address you used to create your Google Business Profile and click Link.