Fixing Google Merchant Center warnings and suspensions
To show your products on Google, your store and products must follow Google's policies. If you receive notification of account warning or suspension, then there are some actions you can take to resolve the issue.
Common reasons for account warnings and suspensions
For suggested resolutions to account warnings or suspensions, refer to the common reasons listed below.
Missing refund policy
If you don't have a refund policy on your Shopify store, then you need to create one.
You can add a refund policy within your Shopify admin.
For more information on Google's requirements on refund policies, refer to Google Merchant Center Help.
Insufficient contact information
You need to make sure that the contact information on your store meets Google's requirements.
To ensure you have the correct contact information displayed, add your contact information within your Shopify admin.
For more information on Google's requirements on contact information, refer to Google Merchant Center Help.
Misrepresentation of self or products
To resolve misrepresentation violations, refer to Google Merchant Center Help.
Request a re-review after a suspension notification
If a policy or data violation is detected by Google, then you might receive an email that describes the issue and provides a deadline to resolve it by. You can request an account review any time before the deadline you are given.
If all the issues are resolved by the review of your account, then the warning is lifted and your listings and ads continue to run.
If all the issues aren't resolved after your first request for review, then you can make a second request for review. If the issues aren't resolved after the second request, then the review button is deactivated and you must wait seven days before requesting another review. Any review request made after two failed reviews must be made after a seven-day delay. Your account remains suspended during this time, and you can't request another review. The one-week cool-down applies to all requests for review after the second request. You can see the end date of any cool-down period on the Account issues tab of the Diagnostics page in your Merchant Center account
- From your Shopify admin, go to Sales channels > (Google channel)//www.shopify.com/admin/apps/google).
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Request re-review. A Google Merchant Help page loads.
- On the Google Merchant Help page, complete the form and write that you are requesting a re-review of your store.
- Click Submit.
- Log in to your Merchant Center account.
- Confirm that the account number in your Merchant Center account matches the account number listed in the settings section of the (Google channel)//www.shopify.com/admin/apps/google) in your Shopify admin.
- From your Merchant Center account, click Products and go to Diagnostics > Account issues.
- Next to the issue that you want reviewed, click Request review.
- If you have resolved all the issues, then select that you have resolved the issues.
- Click Request review.
After you request a re-review, the status of your Google Merchant Center account changes to Under review. Review requests can take up to seven days. When a review is complete, you receive an email notification.