Updating to the new Google Shopping app
Shopify has a new version of the Google Shopping app, and the old version is being deprecated and won't be available any more. When you set up the new app to connect to your existing, active Google Merchant Center account, your store is already approved by Google and you won't have any additional delays caused by migrating to the new app.
The new Google Shopping app allows you to sync your products to your Google Merchant Center account, and create Smart Shopping campaigns directly within Shopify.
Step 1: Uninstall the old app
Before you install the new Google Shopping app, you need to uninstall the old Google Shopping app.
- In your Shopify admin, click Apps. You see a banner prompting you to uninstall the old app.
- Click Uninstall app.
- Click Uninstall.
Step 2: Install the new app
Now that you've uninstalled the old Google Shopping app, install the new app.
- In your Shopify admin, click Apps. You see a banner prompting you to install the new app.
- Click Add Google Shopping.
- From the Google Shopping app in Shopify, review the checklist of setup requirements to see if you need to make any changes to your store setup.
Your store needs to meet a few requirements for the new Google Shopping app to work. From the Google Shopping app page in Shopify, you can click links in the requirements checklist to complete any of the requirements that your store doesn't already meet:
Step 3: Connect your Google account
After installing the new Google Shopping app and making any changes to your store setup to complete the requirements checklist, you need to connect a Google Account. If possible, then connect the account that you used with the old version of the app. If you decide to open a new Google Shopping account, then Google's approval process can take longer.
In the Google Shopping app, click Connect a Google Account:
Choose the Google account you had connected with your old Google Shopping app, then click Allow.
Select or create a Merchant Center account:
- Click Select a Merchant Center account. The Merchant Center IDs listed are the ones associated with your Google account. To avoid approval delays, select the account that was connected to the old Google Shopping app.
- If you don't have a Merchant Center account, then click Create Merchant Center account. Complete the account creation process from Google Merchant Center.
Step 4: Configure your Merchant Center account
After connecting your Google account to the app, you can edit your target market, shipping and domain settings, and product title and description preferences.
Google requires shipping settings for certain countries. Before you can complete the configuration of your account, you need to wait for Google to check the shipping requirements for your country and edit your settings to meet any requirements listed.
After you've reviewed your account details and met your country's shipping requirements, click Configure account.
Step 5: Sync products
After you click Configure account, your products automatically begin to sync with Google Shopping.
What to do if your products aren't approved
You see Not approved next to your product if there is an issue preventing it from syncing. The issues that are preventing the product from syncing are listed under the product title. To sync the product, resolve the listed issues. When the issues are resolved, Google Shopping automatically tries to sync the product again.
Previously approved products with variants marked as
pending after migration
If you migrate to the new Google Shopping app, then products that were approved on the old Google Shopping app might be marked as
pending in the new Google Shopping app. The old Google Shopping app only synced the first variant for a product, but the new Google Shopping app syncs all of the variants for a product. Until all of the variants are reviewed by Google, the product is marked
pending in the new Google Shopping app. The product that was approved in the app is still approved by Google. Syncing the new variants can take up to a week.
Step 6: Set up Google Ads
You can set up Google Ads while waiting for your products to sync.
- From the Products page in the Google Shopping app, click Set up Google Ads:
- If you already have a Google Ads account, then select it in the drop-down menu, and then click Connect: If you don't have a Google Ads account that you want to connect, then click Create Google Ads Account. Read the terms of service, click the confirmation checkbox, then click Accept Terms. You will receive an invitation by email within 24 hours that you need to accept.
- In the Google Ads checklist, click View details next to Add billing information in your Google Ads Account settings:
- Make sure you've added billing information in your Google Ads Account settings, then click I've added billing info.
- Click I've completed everything:
Step 7: Create a campaign
After you've synced your products and set up your Google Ads account, you can create a Smart Shopping campaign.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Marketing.
- Click Create campaign.
- Complete the Campaign details section.
- Click Publish activity.
You can monitor your Smart Shopping campaigns from the Marketing section of your Shopify admin. However, to edit your Google Shopping settings or sync new products, you must return to the Google Shopping app page through the Apps section of your Shopify admin.