Running discounts with Kit
With Kit, you can create and promote discount codes for your store. You'll need to know a the following details about your discount before you can create it:
- The discount type (percentage off, fixed amount off, or free shipping)
- The amount of the discount (a percentage or fixed amount)
- The minimum order amount to qualify for the discount
- The name of the discount code
By default, Kit sets up a few things for you:
- The discount starts the day you create it with Kit
- The discount runs for 7 days
- The discount is available to all customers
- Customers can use the discount multiple times
After you create a discount with Kit, the code is active right away. You can change or deactivate the discount code from your Shopify admin.
Create a discount
Kit can offer to create a discount code for you if you ask about marketing products.
hi kitto start a new conversation with Kit.
1to market your products with Kit, then choose
4to create a discount code.
Kit asks what kind of discount code that you want to create. You can select Percentage off, Fixed amount off, or Free shipping.
Kit asks for some details on your discount. Answer the questions to set up the discount.
Kit asks for a name for your discount code. Enter the name that customers will enter, for example,
Kit confirms the details for your new discount code. Enter
Yesto create the discount code. The code is available for customers to use immediately.
After you've created a new discount with Kit, Kit offers to promote the discount by making a post or running an ad. If you want to promote the discount by creating a Facebook ad, Facebook post, or email marketing campaign, then enter the relevant number.
Preview the post or ad, and then enter
1to publish it.