Benchmarks in reports
You can compare your store’s data against benchmarks for specific metrics within Reports. The benchmark comparisons are shown only in data charts; they are not available in the data tables.
- Open a Report with a benchmark.
- Click the Compare menu.
- Select Benchmarks.
What benchmarks are available?
Benchmark data is available for the following metrics:
|Metric||Benchmark data available in the following report||Plan access|
|Online store conversion||Online store conversion over time||Basic plan and above|
|Average order value||Average order value over time||Shopify plan and above|
|Customer retention rate||Cohort analysis report||Shopify plan and above|
|Time to fulfill||Fulfillment, shipping and delivery times||Shopify plan and above|
|Time to ship||Fulfillment, shipping and delivery times||Shopify plan and above|
|Time to deliver||Fulfillment, shipping and delivery times||Shopify plan and above|
For each benchmark metric, you’ll see three numbers that compare your store to stores like yours. These numbers are: median, 25th percentile, and 75th percentile. These values are available at a daily time grain and are only available at the aggregate level (i.e., your overall online store conversion is available, but not conversion by channel or any other dimension); the exception is the customer retention rate which is available at a weekly, monthly and quarterly grain.
|Median||The value that represents the midpoint of stores similar to you (i.e., 50% of stores have a higher value and 50% have a lower value than the median).|
|25th percentile||The value that represents the 25th percentile of stores similar to you (i.e., 75% of stores have a higher value).|
|75th percentile||The value that represents the 75th percentile of stores similar to you (i.e., 25% of stores have a higher value).|
How are benchmarks calculated?
Benchmarks are created based on cohorts of stores similar to yours. The following factors are considered in defining similarity:
- Order volume;
- Primary market country; and
- The categories of the products sold over the past 30 days.
Who qualifies for benchmarks?
You will see the benchmark metric(s) for your store if the following conditions apply:
- You have sold at least 1 product in the last 30 days with an assigned product category (product category is used as an input to determine your benchmark cohort).
- There are enough similar stores in your benchmark cohort to provide a meaningful benchmark. You may not see a benchmark if there isn’t a sufficient number of stores similar to yours (determined by order volume and the primary market country of your business).