Create a POS login QR code
Typically, before you can use the Shopify POS app to process sales, a Point of Sale staff member must log in to the app with an admin username and password. However, you can generate a QR code so that POS staff members who don't have admin credentials can open the Shopify POS app log in on a single device at a specific location with their PIN. To generate a QR code, you must be assigned a role that has all the admin permissions allowed.
Generate a QR code
Before you generate a QR code, verify the following:
- the POS-only staff member has a POS PIN
- the location has a POS Pro subscription
- From the Shopify admin, in the SALES CHANNELS section, click Point of Sale > Locations.
- Select the location that you want to generate code for.
- Click Set up QR code login.
- Under Email QR code, search for the Point of Sale staff member who you want to send the code to, and then click Email QR code.
- Optional: If you need a staff member to log in to multiple devices at the same location, or if the code has expired, click Generate new QR code. Generating a new code doesn't impact previous codes, and they will still be valid..
Log in using a QR code
- On the Shopify POS login screen, tap Log in with QR code.
- Scan the QR code using your device's camera.
- Optional: if you cannot scan the QR code, tap Use URL, enter the URL, and tap Next.