Requirements for the Pinterest sales channel
To be eligible for the Pinterest sales channel, your Shopify online store needs to:
- ship products to the US (add the U.S. as a shipping destination)
- sell in USD (change your store's currency)
- be on an active Shopify Basic plan or higher (not a trial)
- use Shopify Payments or one of Stripe, FirstData Payeezy (not First Data US), Authorize.Net, or CyberSource (switch your payment provider in the payment settings)
- sell at least one product that meets Pinterest Advertising Rules
- have a refund policy.
If your online store meets the eligibility requirements, you might also need to update your online store settings so that your Pinterest account can connect with Shopify. Make sure that:
- your online store password is disabled (disable your online store password)
- your store's checkout form doesn't require entries for the "Company name" and "Address line 2" fields (make these fields optional in your checkout settings)
- the Website field in your Pinterest business account matches the Primary domain listed on your Domains page, and that you've checked Redirect all traffic to this domain in your Shopify admin.
Pinterest Advertising Rules
Pinterest sets out detailed Advertising Rules to make sure your customers have a great experience using Buyable Pins. Only products that meet Pinterest's Advertising rules will be approved for Buyable Pins, but you can change the product availability for ineligible products if you don't want to sell them on Pinterest.
If your online store isn't approved by Pinterest, you can view errors in the Pinterest sales channel, make the required changes to your settings, and then contact Pinterest to re-apply.