Create a wholesale store
Create your password-protected wholesale store by adding the wholesale channel.
Before you begin
- Your store must be on a Shopify Plus plan.
- You must sign into your Shopify admin with either the Shopify account owner credentials or with a staff account that has the Applications and Settings permissions.
Add the wholesale channel
To add the wholesale channel:
- From your Shopify admin, click the
+button beside the Sales channels heading.
- On the Add sales channel dialog, find Wholesale in the list of available channels, and then click Learn more.
- Click Add channel, and follow the instructions.
Your wholesale store is created. The site address for your wholesale store uses the following format:
Unlike your online store, you cannot log into your wholesale store as soon as it is created. Your wholesale store is password-protected, and no one (including the Shopify account owner) can access it without a wholesale store account. A wholesale store account is not the same as an online store account. You cannot log into the wholesale store using your online store user name and password.