Minimum purchase amounts for wholesale orders
You can require that your customers spend at minimum a set amount each time that they make a wholesale order. You can set a minimum order amount for your wholesale store in the Preferences page. For individual customers, you can set the amount from their accounts page. A minimum order amount set for a wholesale customer takes precedence over the minimum order amount set for the store.
For example, you set $150 as the minimum order amount for your wholesale store. Then, you set the minimum order amount to $200 for customer Joe. All customers except for Joe create orders that meet or exceed $150. Joe creates orders that meet or exceed $200.
You can also set minimum and maximum quantity amounts for individual products and variants when you create your price lists. Learn more about wholesale price lists.
Set the minimum order amount for your wholesale store
Unless a wholesale customer has their own minimum order amount, your wholesale customers must submit orders that meet or exceed the amount set for the wholesale store.
To set minimum order amounts for your wholesale store:
- From your Shopify admin, open the wholesale channel, and then click Preferences.
- Enable the Set a minimum purchase option and enter the amount that wholesale draft orders must match or exceed:
- When you're done, click Save.
Set the minimum order amount for a wholesale customer
The minimum order amount that you set for a wholesale customer is the amount that their wholesale orders need to meet or exceed (regardless of whether there is a minimum order amount set for the store).
To set the minimum purchase amount for a customer:
- Open the wholesale channel, and then click Accounts.
- In the table, click the name of the customer.
- Enable Set a minimum purchase, and then specify the minimum amount that this customer's orders must meet or exceed:
- Click Save.