For the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) to accurately process your Shopify orders, make sure that you meet the fulfillment requirements. If you need to change your product settings, such as the SKU, then contact the Fulfillment Success team before you make the change.
If you want SFN to deliver your package more quickly to customers, then you can upgrade the shipping label for your order.
The Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) fulfills orders only if they meet they following conditions:
- the product variants have the following settings:
- SKU exists in your Shopify admin
- SKU is unique
- variant identifier is unique
- barcode can't be empty
- barcode is unique
- barcode field matches the barcode on the physical product
- variant inventory is set to be managed by SFN
- all inventory for the order is available
- the shipping address on the order is valid
- the order is unfulfilled
- the order is marked as paid or, if the order comes through Google or Facebook sales channels, then the payment is authorized
- you're up to date on your billing and have access to your store
If you have an app that marks your Shopify orders as fulfilled, then those fulfilled orders are ignored by SFN.
Set up order processing
For SFN to automatically process and fulfill new orders for you, you must have order processing turned on in the Settings tab of your SFN app. By default, your setting is Order processing is activated when you set up SFN for your store.
If Order processing is deactivated, then SFN creates fulfillment requests in a Pending state but doesn't automatically process or fulfill those requests. Deactivating order processing doesn't cancel orders that are already being processed.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps, and then click Shopify Fulfillment Network.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Order processing section, do one of the following actions:
- If Order processing is deactivated is displayed and you want to activate it, click Activate, and then click Activate again to confirm.
- If Order processing is activated is displayed and you want to deactivate it, click Deactivate, and then click Deactivate again to confirm.
- A customer places an order in your online store.
- After the order is paid or payment is authorized, SFN receives a request for fulfllment in a Pending state. If you set up a fulfillment delay in Settings, the request will be in a Pending state until the delay duration passes.
- SFN prepares the following information for the fulfillment to be processed:
- checks whether the request meets fulfillment conditions
- determines when the package needs to be delivered
- chooses a mail service
- identifies which fulfillment center can fulfill the order
- The request is assigned to a fulfillment center and goes into an In progress state.
- When it's your fulfillment request's turn to be processed, SFN performs the following actions:
- picks and packs the items
- buys a shipping label with a tracking number
- attaches the shipping label and packing slip to the package
- schedules a pickup time with the carrier
- The fulfillment request goes into a Fulfilled state. If this is a split fulfillment, then the request is in a Partially fulfilled state until all packages are fulfilled.
- SFN updates your Shopify order with the tracking number.
- The carrier arrives at the fulfillment center, picks up the shipment, and sends a notification to SFN that the package is in transit.
- The carrier delivers it to your customer's address.