Upgrade your shipping label
You can request Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) to deliver your package more quickly to customers by upgrading the shipping label for your Shopify order. To upgrade your shipping label, you need to cancel your order in SFN and Shopify without refunding the customer, duplicate the order in Shopify with a faster shipping method, and then request the fulfillment of your new order in your SFN app.
To upgrade the shipping label, your order must meet the following requirements:
- The order must be unfulfilled.
- The option to Request cancelation for the order must be available in the SFN app.
- The faster shipping method must be set up in your shipping rate assignments.
Step 1: Cancel your SFN fulfillment
- From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
- Click the order with the SFN fulfillment that you want to cancel.
- Click View fulfillment details in app.
- In the SFN app, click Cancel fulfillment, and then click Cancel fulfillment again to confirm.
After you cancel fulfillment, you can refresh the page to display the order status as Cancelled.
Step 2: Cancel the order in Shopify
- Click the order number in the Summary section from your cancelled SFN order details page to open the order details page in your Shopify admin.
- Click More actions, and then click Cancel order.
- In the Cancel order section, configure the following options:
- Select Refund later.
- Check Restock items.
- Uncheck Send a notification to the customer.
- Click Cancel order.
Step 3: Duplicate the order in Shopify
- On the cancelled order details page, click More actions, and then click Duplicate.
- Remove all costs from the order:
- Click Add discount
- Select Percentage as the discount type, and then enter 100 as the discount value.
- Click Apply.
- Set up shipping for the order:
- Click Add shipping.
- Copy the shipping rate name that you want to use, making sure to exclude the dash and cost.
- Select Custom
- Paste the rate name you copied in the Rate name input. If the rate name doesn't match an an available option, then SFN will default to the slowest shipping method.
- Optional: If you want to charge your customer for a fee, for example, to cover the difference in shipping changes, then enter the fee in the Price section. SFN won’t process your new order until you accept payment for the order.
- Click Done.
- Click Mark as paid, and then click Create order.
If you have trouble with this process, then contact SFN support for help.