Guidelines for Experts in the Shopify Experts Marketplace
This page was printed on Nov 18, 2019. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/selling-services/guidelines?utm_campaign=Guru+ASK&utm_medium=forum&utm_source=social.
- Bullying, harassment, threats, hate speech, abusive or improper language, violent messages, or anything that is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Shopify at our sole discretion.
- Spamming, soliciting new work, and publishing or sending malicious content to merchants that you have engaged with in previous jobs.
- Publishing or posting merchants' private and confidential information.
- Using Experts Marketplace for unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
- Consistently failing to meet due dates for jobs created through Experts Marketplace.
- Misrepresenting your abilities or failing to fulfill your contract responsibilities.
- Adding additional code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the capacity of a merchant's store to make sales.
- Using stolen or trademarked content, or attempting to use or edit copyrighted material.
- Extorting additional payments, or withholding project deliverables in exchange for payments beyond what was agreed upon in the job description.
- Failing to reply to a merchant within 96 hours after a job has passed the agreed upon due date without being completed.
- Exporting or copying any merchant information for personal gain.
Inappropriate uses of the Shopify Experts Marketplace except under extenuating circumstances
- Holding payment-related conversations with merchants outside of Experts Marketplace.
- Promoting non-relevant businesses, websites, or third-party services.
- Using development stores to place real orders.
- Soliciting merchants to leave Shopify and move their businesses to another platform.
- Logging in to a merchant's store by using a collaborator account after the job was deemed complete by the merchant.
Furthermore, we have the following guidelines related to the different features of the marketplace.
Experts will not:
- Create a false identity or misrepresent their identity on Experts Marketplace.
- Create an Experts Marketplace profile for anyone other than themselves.
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account or information.
- Use more than one active Experts Marketplace account.
- Buy or sell Experts Marketplace accounts or Partner accounts.
- Falsify their skills, make false claims about their qualifications and the services that they offer, or display false advertisements or guarantees in their Experts Marketplace profile.
Representing past work
Experts will not make use of or display:
- Adult-oriented services, or pornographic, inappropriate, or obscene images.
- Misleading, illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful images.
- Bullying, harassment, or hate speech.
- Images of previous work that violate copyright, trademarks, or confidential information.
Experts will not:
- Create fake reviews through a merchant's Shopify admin for their own personal gain.
- Create self-generated reviews.
- Create false reviews on behalf of a merchant.
- Blackmail merchants for a review.
- Discredit competing Experts by acting as a merchant.
- Provide templated reviews for merchants to fill out.
- Not use themes published outside of the Shopify Theme Store, unless proper documentation for licensing is made available to the merchant. If a job includes a theme that isn't published in the Shopify Theme Store, then the merchant must be made aware of that before proceeding with the job.
- Not include any malware on a third-party custom theme.
- Not purchase a Shopify theme and import it to a merchant's site, or copy it for use elsewhere, without proper licensing.
- Warrant that they have obtained all necessary rights, title, and interest in and to the images, fonts, designs, plugins, templates, software, or other assets that are distributed with a third-party theme that is published outside of the Shopify Theme Store.
- Warrant that no part of the theme violates or infringes upon any copyright, trademark, or any other rights whatsoever of any third party.