Create an event to schedule sales, product drops, and inventory restocks.
Before you begin
If you have an event scheduled that does not have an end date and you want to start another event after the scheduled event, then you must edit the scheduled event and set an end date before you create the other event. You cannot run or schedule overlapping events.
If you want to create a sale that is based on collections, then your collections should contain less than 250 products.
Create an event
To create an event:
From your Shopify admin, click Apps (or press
Click Create event.
- Enter a title for the event.
- Enter a start date and time. If you don't specify a start date and time, then the event is saved as a draft.
- Optional. If you want to release new products during the event, then select Publish products across your sales channels and click Manage:
- Optional. If you want to add inventory to current or previously unavailable products during the event, then select Publish products across your sales channels and click Add products:
- Optional. If you want to offer some of your products or collections at discounted or sale prices, then select Apply discounts to your products and collections and follow the instructions.
- Optional. If you want the event to end automatically at a specific date and time, then select Schedule an end date, and follow the instructions. If you don't specify an end date, then you will need to end the event manually by clicking End event from the Dashboard page. Any event, even if it has an end date scheduled, can be stopped in this way.
- Optional. If you want to lock your store before the sale, then select Enable password page and follow the instructions.
- Optional. If you want to use a different theme for the duration of the event, select Switch themes and follow the instructions.
- Optional. If you want to enable Captcha challenges at checkout, then select Enable Captcha.
Your event is saved. It will run at the scheduled date and time.