When you create an event, the minimum requirements are to specify a title and a start date and time. All other event options are optional.
Automate product releases
You can schedule when a new product appears in your online store and other sales channels. Product releases are also referred to as product drops or product launches. Releasing a product involves publishing (making the product visible) to your sales channels.
To create a product release:
Add the product to your Shopify admin as you would normally.
From the product's page, click Manage... and remove the product from all your sales channels. See Visibility.
Create an event in Launchpad, and:
- Enable Publish products across your sales channels and choose the products that you want to make available (visible) on the supported sales channels.
- If you want to offer these or other products at a discount, then also select Apply discounts to your products and collections, and follow the instructions.
Automate additions to inventory
You can create an event to schedule adding inventory to a product at a specific date and time. For example, a popular toy has been sold out for a long time and it is now coming back in stock. Instead of silently adding the inventory to your product, you can create an event that will add the inventory to your sales channels at a specific date and time. You can then tell your customers when the toy will be available.
When you create the event, the inventory amount that you enter will be added to the product's existing inventory at the start of the event. For example, you create an event that adds 150 red shirts to your inventory. Before the event starts, your red shirt inventory is 50. When the sale starts, you have 200 red shirts in inventory.
Inventory amounts are not adjusted when a sale ends (even if your event added inventory). For example, you have 200 red shirts at the start of an event. During the event 100 red shirts are sold. When the event ends, you you have 100 red shirts in inventory.
To schedule adding inventory:
- Create an event in Launchpad, and enable Publish products across your sales channels. Follow the instructions to increase the inventories of your products.
Automate a sale
You can schedule a sale that will appear in all supported sales channels. A sale involves discounting the prices of select products or collections. When you create the event, you specify the percentage amount that the products are to be discounted. During the event, your customers see the sale price.For example, the regular price for a pair of baby socks is $2. You create an event that offers these socks at a 50% discount. During the event, your online store customer sees the sale price of $1:
To create a sale:
- Create an event and select Apply discounts to your products and collections:
- choose the products or collections that you want to discount
- enter the percentage discount amount to apply to the chosen products. For the duration of the sale, your products will be offered to your customers at the discounted price.
Specify an end date
Lock your online store before an event
You can temporarily lock customers out of your online store for a small period of time before the event starts. Some merchants choose to lock their stores to build anticipation and to prevent customers from pre-filling their carts before the event starts.
Your online store is locked for the set duration of time before the start of the event. Your store will unlock automatically when the event starts.
To lock your online store before an event:
- Create an event in Launchpad and select Enable password page:
Customize your online store theme
Often merchants want to make small changes to their online stores to promote their event. You can do this by creating an event that changes your theme for the duration of the event.
To switch your online store theme for an event:
Create an event-specific theme that contains all the changes that you want to make to your online store for the event. You can duplicate your current theme and use it as the basis for the event theme.
- Create an event in Launchpad, selecting Switch themes, and choose the event theme:
Enable Captcha for an eventIf you have a problem with bots buying your products during an event, then enable reCaptcha. When Captcha is enabled, your customers are challenged to prove that they are not a robot at checkout:
To enable reCaptcha challenges for the duration of an event:
- Create an event in Launchpad and select Enable reCaptcha:
- Create events
- End event
- Changes that occur before, during, and after an event
- Customize Shopify Password Pages With the password.liquid Template