Shopify's conversion tracker gives an overview of a customer's previous visits and conversion behaviour leading up to a purchase from your store.
The conversion summary appears on the order details page and includes an overview of:
- the customer's total number of orders from your store
- the customer's total visits to your store in the last 30 days
- the origin of the customer's first visit to your store.
You can also click View conversion details for additional conversion details for that customer:
- the total number of visits the customer has made to your store
- the number of days between the first visit and the most recent visit
- an overview of customer activity, including visits between the first and most recent visit.
View an order's conversion summary
To view an order's conversion summary:
From your Shopify admin, click Orders.
Click an order number to view its information.
- To view conversion details, click View conversion details.
View a customer's visit details
When viewing an order's conversion details, you can drill down to the visit details by clicking View full visit next to the customer's activity:
The customer's visit details can include:
The session referral section provides a general overview of where your customer was referred from, which page they landed on, and the date and time of their visit:
If the order is a referral from a marketing campaign using an integrated marketing app, then it will appear in this section. For example, if you used MailChimp for a promotional email campaign, then you can click View campaign to see which campaign the customer was referred from.
Grow your business
Want to increase traffic to your store? Try using Kit to run your ad campaigns for you.
UTM parameters are tags that you can add to the end of a URL that you can send to your customers (for example, https://www.yourstorename.com/?utm_source=emailcampaign). When a customer clicks the link, the tags are sent back to Google Analytics for tracking and reporting purposes.