POS embedded apps
You can add new features to Shopify POS for iPad by installing POS embedded apps. These apps run in Shopify POS on your iPad and let you customize your in-store checkout in a few different ways:
streamline purchases by adding combos or packages with a single tap
offer sophisticated sales (like “buy one, get one free”, free gifts, and timed discounts), wholesale pricing, and other promotions in-store
add new payment methods, loyalty programs, and custom receipt printing at checkout.
Most POS embedded apps run only in Shopify POS — they won't affect transactions through your online store or through other active sales channels.
Install POS embedded apps
Available POS embedded apps appear on the Shopify App Store in the POS collection. You can install them only through your Shopify admin — you can't install embedded apps directly from within the Shopify POS app (but you can from your Shopify admin in your iPad's browser).
To find and install POS embedded apps on the Shopify App Store:
From your Shopify admin, click Apps:
- Click Visit Shopify App Store:
- From the Shopify App Store, click Collections, and then select Shopify POS apps:
When you find an app that you want to install, click Get to install it.
After you install a POS embedded app, it appears on the Apps page of your Shopify admin and on the Apps screen in your Shopify POS app.
Use embedded apps in Shopify POS
After you install POS embedded apps, you can launch them at a few different points in your checkout process:
- Edit the current cart, including adding discounts and changing line item or cart properties, with apps in the Cart section (tap the
- Add finishing options, including customer loyalty tracking or custom receipt printing, when you receive payment (tap Apps):
- Run fullscreen embedded apps in Shopify POS outside the checkout flow from the Apps dashboard (from the Shopify POS, tap Store, and then tap Apps):
To run an embedded app, find its location in Shopify POS, then tap its icon. No matter where an embedded app appears, it always displays its icon and a brief description of what it does in Shopify POS.
To view or to change the settings of the POS embedded apps that you've installed:
- From Shopify POS, tapp Store, and then tap Apps.
- Tap the icon of an available app to read a description of what it does or change its settings.
Can any staff member use POS embedded apps?
Yes. Any staff member who has access to your Shopify POS can use available embedded apps.
How can I delete POS embedded apps?
You can delete embedded apps from the Apps page in your Shopify admin.
Will I be charged for using POS embedded apps? How am I billed?
As with all apps in the Shopify App Store, some POS embedded apps are free, and others aren't. Check the Shopify App Store listing for each app that you install to see if there are any charges associated with it.