You should be aware of the effects of applying more than one discount in the cart:
Combine percentage and monetary discounts
You can apply the following discounts:
- a percentage discount on a line item, on the cart, or on both
- a monetary discount on a line item, on the cart, or on both
- a combination of one line-item discount and one cart discount.
If you create a combination discount, the monetary line-item discount is applied before the percentage cart discount, like this:
Sell multiple quantities of a discounted item
If the cart contains multiple quantities of a product that attracts a line-item discount, the discount is applied only once:
If you want to honor a line-item discount multiple times, you have two options:
- calculate the sum of the discounts and use that figure as the line-item discount
- apply the discount as a percentage instead.