Shopify for WordPress.org
The Shopify eCommerce Plugin connects you to your store, streamlining the process for adding and customizing Buy Buttons by integrating the functionality into your WordPress admin.
You can also use the embed code method which requires some knowledge of working with code to customize your Buy Button.
Did you know?
Did you know?
Streamline the process for adding Buy Buttons to your site, posts and pages by installing the Shopify eCommerce plugin for WordPress.org:
In the left side menu of your WordPress.org admin, click Plugins:
Click Add New:
In Search Plugins, enter Shopify eCommerce Plugin, and click Install Now:
When the plugin is finished installing, click the Activate Plugin link:
You can add a Buy Button to a post or page:
- Create or edit a post or a page.
Click Add Product:
In the Select a Product dialog, click Select product or Select collection, and then select the product or collection you want to display:
Click Select Product to insert the code snippet into your post or page (you might have to scroll to see it):
To move the Buy Button, highlight the code snippet and place it where you want it:
- Click Appearance and then Customize:
- Click Widgets:
- Click Sidebar:
- Click Add a Widget:
- Search for Shopify eCommerce Plugin, or scroll until you find it. Click the Shopify Widget:
- Enter a Title for your product, and click Add Product:
- In the Select a Product dialog, choose the product or collection you want to display:
- Click Select Product:
Connect your Shopify account to your WordPress.org site
Connecting your account to your site gives you access to some features of Shopify directly from your WordPress.org admin. You can:
- log in to your Shopify account
- add new products, set up payments, and set up shipping
- add the Facebook sales channel
- contact Shopify support
- customize the colors used for the Buy Button and cart
- change the language used for the Buy Button
- customize the destination of the Buy Button (cart, checkout, online store product page).
To connect your Shopify account to your WordPress.org site:
Click Shopify in your WordPress.org admin:
Enter your store name:
If you want the functionality of the Buy Button without using the plugin or working with code, there are three free themes that include the ability to add a Buy Button to posts or sidebar menus: