Instagram sales channel
Sell your products on Instagram by tagging them when they appear in your Instagram posts. Customers who find your tagged products on Instagram can tap a link to view and buy a product in your online store.
To use the Instagram sales channel, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to have the Facebook channel with an approved Facebook Shop.
- You need to use the Online Store sales channel.
- You need a business profile on Instagram.
- You need to be on the Basic Shopify plan or higher.
- The Instagram app that you are using needs to be the latest version available in your country.
Products sold on Instagram need to follow Facebook commerce policies.
To use the Instagram sales channel you need to be located in one of the following countries or territories:
|Dominican Republic||New Zealand||Switzerland|
Set up the Facebook sales channel
Before you begin setting up the Instagram sales channel, make sure that you have a Facebook Shop page and that you have added products to your Facebook catalog. If you aren't already selling on Facebook, then you can set up the Facebook sales channel and make products available to the channel to create a Facebook product catalog. If you have published products to Facebook by using the Facebook sales channel, then you meet this requirement.
Set up Instagram business profile
To convert any Instagram profile into a business profile, complete the following steps:
- Using Instagram, open your profile and then go to your settings.
- Tap Switch to business profile and follow the steps to connect Instagram to your Facebook business page. Make sure that you connect to the Facebook page that you added to Shopify.
Learn more about converting to an Instagram profile to a business profile in the Facebook Help Center.