Adding the Pinterest channel
Before you can create Buyable Pins for your products, you need to add the Pinterest sales channel in your Shopify admin, and then connect it with your Pinterest for Business account. When you have created your account, Pinterest reviews your Shopify store to make sure it meets the guidelines set out in their Advertising Rules. When your store's approved, Pins of eligible products from your Shopify online store will include Buy it! buttons and will be published for customers to see on Pinterest.
|Confirm your store's eligibility||Pinterest sets out Advertising Rules to make sure your customers have a great experience using Buyable Pins.|
|Add the Pinterest sales channel||You can add it from the Sales channels page in your Shopify admin. After you connect your accounts, your store's reviewed by Pinterest to make sure it's eligible.|
|Connect your Pinterest business account||Don't have a business account yet? You can sign up for one now or convert your personal account.|
Confirm your store's eligibility
Your store's eligibility for the Pinterest sales channel depends on its current shipping and billing options, on your online store settings, and on Pinterest's Advertising Rules.
To be eligible for the Pinterest sales channel, your Shopify business must:
- ship products to the US (add the U.S. as a shipping destination)
- charge in USD (change your store's currency)
- be on an active Shopify Basic plan or higher (not a trial)
- use Shopify Payments (switch to Shopify Payments) or one of Stripe, FirstData Payeezy (not First Data US), Authorize.Net, or CyberSource
- have the Online Store channel and at least one product (add the Online Store sales channel)
- have a refund policy.
You might also need to update your online store settings so that your Pinterest account can connect with Shopify. Make sure that:
- your storefront password is disabled (disable your storefront password)
- your store's checkout form doesn't require entries for the "Company name" and "Address line 2" fields (make these fields optional in your checkout settings)
- the Website field in your Pinterest business account matches the Primary domain listed on your Domains page, and that you've checked Redirect all traffic to this domain in your Shopify admin.
Pinterest sets out detailed Advertising Rules to make sure your customers have a great experience using Buyable Pins. Your Shopify business also needs to meet these requirements before it's eligible for the Pinterest sales channel. This means that your Shopify business must:
- have an online store on Shopify
- feature products whose descriptions fit with Pinterest's Advertising Rules (you can hide ineligible products from the sales channel if necessary).
If your store isn't approved by Pinterest, you can make the required changes to your store settings, and then contact Pinterest to reapply for access.
Add the Pinterest sales channel
After you've confirmed your store's eligibility, you can add the Pinterest sales channel in your Shopify admin and begin the approval process:
From your Shopify admin, click the
+button beside the Sales channels heading.
On the Add sales channel dialog, find Pinterest within the list of available channels, and then click Learn more.
Click Add channel.
Connect your Pinterest business account
After you've added the Pinterest sales channel in your Shopify admin, you need to connect it with your Pinterest business account.
Connecting your Pinterest business account with Shopify enables Rich Pins for eligible products from your Shopify store. Rich Pins display extra details like up-to-date pricing and inventory information. The Pinterest sales channel turns Rich Pins for eligible products into Buyable Pins for customers that use Pinterest.
To connect your Pinterest business account in Shopify:
- From your Shopify admin, click Pinterest.
- Click Connect your account.
- From the Account page, click Connect to Pinterest.
- If you are logged into your Pinterest account, click Authorize App. Otherwise, enter your login information, then click Authorize App.
Your store must be reviewed and approved by Pinterest before your products can be Buyable Pins. If your store isn't approved, you can contact Pinterest to learn more.