Change your wholesale store settings
You can change the following settings for your wholesale store in the Settings page in the Wholesale channel:
- the setting that displays the retail prices for comparison in the wholesale store
- the minimum order amount for for wholesale orders, or for individual wholesale customers (see Set minimum purchase amounts for wholesale orders).
- whether items that are out-of-stock can be ordered
- the email address where wholesale order notifications and customer inquiries are sent.
- whether your customers can add items to their cart that are out-of-stock.
You can change the following settings that affect the look of your wholesale store in the Appearance page:
- the logo that appears in the header
- the accent color
- the background image that appears on the sign in and password reset pages.
Ordering out-of-stock items
There is a slight chance that a product can be out-of-stock when your wholesale customer tries to pay for their order. For example, a product can be in-stock when your customer orders it, but be sold out when they open their invoice to pay for it.
If you track inventory using Shopify, then your inventory is checked before your customer pays for the invoice. When your inventory doesn't contain enough product to fulfill the order, the following events occur:
If the product is in-stock, but the amount available is less than what the customer ordered, then your customer's order changes so that the number of items ordered matches your inventory. For example, your customer orders 10 fidget spinners, but when they are ready to make payment, only 5 exist in your inventory. Their order changes automatically so that your customer orders and pays for 5 fidget spinners.
If the product is out-of-stock, then the customer is instructed to contact you, the merchant. They cannot pay for this order or change it. You must open their draft order in the Shopify admin, remove the out-of-stock products, and resend the invoice.
If you accept your customer's payment by clicking Pay with credit card on the draft order, then the inventory check occurs after the payment completes. If any product is out-of-stock, a warning appears at the top of the order.
By default, your wholesale customers can add items that are out-of-stock to their cart. If you do not want to allow your customers to order out-of-stock products, then you can disable the Allow out-of-stock items on the Settings page in the Wholesale channel. For example, you might enable this option if you know that the out-of-stock products will be available before your customer makes payment.
To change wholesale store settings:
- From the Wholesale channel, open the Settings or Appearance Settings page.
- Change the required setting.
- Click Save.
- Wholesale Price lists
- Process wholesale orders
- Visit the wholesale store
- Set a minimum amount for wholesale orders