Processing wholesale orders
When you receive a draft order from a wholesale customer, you can process it as you would any draft order. For example, you can:
- add shipping costs, special discounts, or adjust the inventory amounts
- reserve inventory so that it is available when you fulfill the order
- send an email invoice that directs your customer to pay by credit card using the payment provider that you've set up in your Shopify admin or to contact you to pay using a different option.
Reserving and adjusting inventory
Since wholesale orders appear in Shopify as draft orders, you can approve the quantities before any payment occurs. If you don't have enough inventory to fulfill a draft order or you want to limit the number of items that a customer wants to purchase, then adjust the quantity in the draft order.
It is common for a draft order to require a back and forth communication between you and the customer. You can reserve inventory to make sure that the products that your customer has ordered are available when your customer is ready to make the actual purchase. See Process wholesale draft orders.
- Send customized invoices to your wholesale customers
- Draft orders
- Change your wholesale store settings