Create wholesale orders
You can create a wholesale order for a customer by creating a draft order and then applying wholesale pricing to the order.
Before you begin
Your customer must be tagged with a wholesale price list. They do not have to be invited or have accepted an invite to your wholesale store. To verify that a customer is a wholesale customer, you can look them up in the table in the Accounts page in the Wholesale channel.
Create a wholesale draft order
To create a wholesale draft order:
Create a draft order as you would normally:
- From your Shopify admin, click Orders, and then click Drafts.
- Click Create order.
- In the Find or create customer field, add your wholesale customer:
- Click Browse products and add the products and variants that your customer wants. Don't worry if the prices for your products are not your wholesale prices. You will apply the wholesale prices later.
- Click Save draft order.
After you have added the products to the order, apply wholesale pricing to the items in the order:
- Click Apps and then select Apply wholesale pricing: As part of applying the wholesale pricing to your order, the quantities in each line item are checked against any quantity rules that in the price lists, such as minimum or maximum order quantities or increment amounts. You will receive a warning when any line item breaks a price rule. You can correct the line item amounts by clicking Cancel, adjusting the quantities in the draft order, and then reapplying the wholesale pricing. You can also choose to ignore these warnings.
- Review your order and click Confirm pricing. Your draft order is updated with the wholesale pricing.
Click Add Shipping and enter the wholesale shipping cost. If you don't specify a value for shipping, then the shipping options from your online store are offered to your wholesale customers.
If needed, add taxes and discounts to the draft order.
Click Send Invoice to email the invoice to your customer. Your draft order is converted to an order. If your customer signs into your wholesale store, then they will also see the invoice in their account.
How do I apply additional discounts?
You can add line item discounts to your wholesale product prices as long as you add them after you apply the wholesale pricing. Otherwise, these discounts are replaced with their wholesale prices when you apply the wholesale pricing:
How can I override maximum and minimum product quantities?
When you add a wholesale product to a draft order, you do not have access to any wholesale price list rules. For example, if there is a rule that you must order at least 6 t-shirts, then you will not see this rule when you create a such as the minimum number of items that you need to purchase. These rules are checked when you apply wholesale pricing to the order. If a line item's quantity breaks a price list rule, then you will see a warning in the Shopify admin. You can choose to ignore the warning and click Confirm pricing, or you can click Cancel, adjust the quantities ordered, and then reapply the wholesale pricing.